Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo is football central, don’tcha know?

Default Re: Fargo is football central, don’tcha know?

Great article!!

I loved it, but man did he stretch the truth in a few spots......

Good article except our winters rarely last from October to April. It's what 79 degrees today. More like November to March

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I'm guessing Wentz didn't use a crossbow for his buck. Other than that, pretty good article.
    Pretty sure, it was a homemade bow using a pocket knife and a piece of baling twine.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Really enjoyed reading that article! Thanks for posting it. I think it's hilarious how some of these stories have reached "legendary" status. Is there a thread where epic stories of Bison lore are conglomerated into one spot?

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Pretty sure, it was a homemade bow using a pocket knife and a piece of baling twine.
    I heard that he used the rack and intestines of a deer to fashion the bow and the front femur bone as an arrow. He sourced these pieces of deer from the one that he shot... before he shot it.

Also, Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Carson Wentz before he goes to bed at night.

And yes, you are welcome for reading the dumbest thing written on the internet today.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I heard that he used the rack and intestines of a deer to fashion the bow and the front femur bone as an arrow. He sourced these pieces of deer from the one that he shot... before he shot it.

Also, Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Carson Wentz before he goes to bed at night.

And yes, you are welcome for reading the dumbest thing written on the internet today.
    Did he even use a bow? I thought he just threw the arrow at it..
    Last edited by RonMexico; 10-04-2016 at 03:03 AM.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Good article except our winters rarely last from October to April. It's what 79 degrees today. More like November to March
    Depends on the year sir. And it's only October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Fantastic read:

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/far...mming-national

By Lars Anderson

Lars Anderson is a senior writer at B/R Mag. A 20-year veteran of Sports Illustrated, Anderson is the New York Times best-selling author of seven books, including The Mannings, The Storm and the Tide, and Carlisle vs. Army. Anderson, also an instructor of journalism at the University of Alabama, lives in Birmingham, Alabama, with his wife, April, and their son, Lincoln. Follow him on Twitter: @LarsAnderson71
    "Kyle Gradin certainly would agree. A 61-year-old farmer who lives in Washburn, North Dakota—250 miles from Fargo, population 1,300—Gradin spends most fall Saturday afternoons in his red combine on his family’s 100-acre soybean field."

That must be a really, really slow combine.

"fargo winters that OFTEN last from October to April" Huh.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"“We also tailgate harder than most teams play,” added John Kahne, a 38-year-old sales rep from Fargo " contributed very nicely to a the subtitle: "North Dakota State has built the greatest college football dynasty of the 21st century. Don’t believe it? Then transport yourself across the soybean fields to the place where they tailgate harder than most teams play, and win more than any team in the land."

Should be added to the iconic lore....
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!