Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Unfortunately, it looks like you beat a crappy Hawkeye team...

Default Re: Unfortunately, it looks like you beat a crappy Hawkeye team...

3 things happen to FBS teams when we beat them:

1. They attempt to change thinking that they did something wrong to allow us to beat them.

2. They are beaten physically and emotionally when they realize NDSU was just the better team.

3. They believe their season is over and just don't put the extra effort into the rest of the games.

Number 3 is the biggest difference between the FBS and FCS. An FBS team loses and they are pretty much done. Players no longer put in the effort and it shows. An FCS teams loses a game and they still have a shot at the PO's and championship. I think the players keep putting in max effort. I think that's evident in a lot of those big FCS over FBS wins and what those FBS teams end up doing the rest of the year. Very few recover emotionally.

I thought Beathard was a top QB?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    According to comments I've read, he may be dinged up. They are also saying that every QB under Ferentz gets worse each year in that system. Someone even threw up a stat on it that, if true, was pretty interesting. This may sound silly to some people but I think Peyton Mansell really shot himself in the foot long term switching verbals. NDSU is turning out great QB's. I won't be surprised if Stick turns into an NFL draft prospect in two years.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I responded in a different thread that I believe his is still hurt from the collision he took from three Bison and that he isn't being sat due to his NFL potential.

That in itself is hurting them both. Rest him for a week or two and then let him play when he is healthier and more efficient. It's no different than when Wentz played hurt, especially the UNI game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

The "Bison effect" is real. We've all seen it for years now. It's crazy.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BrewHawk View Post
    ...sorry we aren't holding up our end of the deal. We're a shit-show right now on defense and the offense isn't much better. I haven't seen execution this bad from an Iowa team in a long time. Even the 4-8 team from a few years ago was more outclassed rather than out-executed. Ferentz still can't handle success.

Hopefully things get better, but it's going to take a major turnaround for that to happen.

Go win the rest of your games and enjoy your weekend in Frisco!
    Or maybe, just maybe, you got punched in the nose and have let to recover. I hope you get it back, and soon.

Iowa looked fine before NDSU. Beat Iowa State 42-3 a team that nearly knocked off Baylor

No. I've watched a ton of Iowa football and this goes way beyond anything your huge Bison egos can drum up.

Iowa's 2009 top ten, Orange Bowl champion team played a very similar game vs UNI, only to block two consecutive field goals and come out on top. This Iowa team isn't anywhere near as good as that team. Not even in the same zip code. We won't beat Minnesota if we can't slow down the run, and I don't see anyone walking through the door that's going to change that anytime soon.

Sorry you guys can't get a win against a decent FBS team. It's gotta be killing many of you to still not have the "signature win" over anybody with a pulse (not directed to you ZHerd, you get where I'm coming from).

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BrewHawk View Post
    No. I've watched a ton of Iowa football and this goes way beyond anything your huge Bison egos can drum up.
    You may have watched a lot of Iowa ball, but you clearly misunderstand the scale of our BV egos.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    You may have watched a lot of Iowa ball, but you clearly misunderstand the scale of our BV egos.
    You mean they're even BIGGER than they seem?!?