Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Fun Fact

Default 2016 Fun Fact

NDSU has a 6-game road winning streak versus FBS competition.

Ohio State has a 12-game road winning streak.
    Toledo and Alabama have 8-game road winning streaks.

So NDSU has the fourth-longest road winning streak against FBS competition in all of college football.

Default Re: 2016 Fun Fact

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    NDSU has a 6-game road winning streak versus FBS competition.

Ohio State has a 12-game road winning streak.
    Toledo and Alabama have 8-game road winning streaks.

So NDSU has the fourth-longest road winning streak against FBS competition in all of college football.
    And two losses by a total of 4 points.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    And two losses by a total of 4 points.
    I know that's what frosts my balls!
    Knowing that at least 2 of those losses should have been wins. Last second field goal blocked by Minny and a TD called back coz of some BS tripping penalty.
    And wasn't there a few (like 4ish) field goals missed in Wyoming that could have easily won the game?
    Even the Iowa state loss, Martens threw like 4 picks (could be Wyoming game) and I think a couple field goals were missed in that game as well am I right or not?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I know that's what frosts my balls!
    Knowing that at least 2 of those losses should have been wins. Last second field goal blocked by Minny and a TD called back coz of some BS tripping penalty.
    And wasn't there a few (like 4ish) field goals missed in Wyoming that could have easily won the game?
    Even the Iowa state loss, Martens threw like 4 picks (could be Wyoming game) and I think a couple field goals were missed in that game as well am I right or not?
    I don't remember all of the turnovers at ISU, but the biggest one that stands out to me was the QB sneak by Nick at the goal line and he fumbled. Felt like that was a turning point in the game.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    I don't remember all of the turnovers at ISU, but the biggest one that stands out to me was the QB sneak by Nick at the goal line and he fumbled. Felt like that was a turning point in the game.
    That was too bad because Nick played a pretty good game, but NDSU teams should be able to bounce back from something like that. Both teams had 2 turnovers., btw.

Main factors in the game:
    1. Our defense had a lot of trouble with contain on their QB... he killed us.
    2. Mertens was getting constant pressure and the offense was terrible on third down.
    3. Penalties... NDSU was sloppy, the penalty numbers weren't even close.

Since the original post, Toledo lost a road game. How hard is it to win road games against FBS teams? Only 8 teams in college football have road win streaks longer than 2 games.

TeamId Cnt
    Ohio State 12
    Alabama 8
    North Dakota State 6
    Michigan 4
    Western Michigan 4
    Boise State 4
    Maryland 3
    Tennessee 3

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Since the original post, Toledo lost a road game. How hard is it to win road games against FBS teams? Only 8 teams in college football have road win streaks longer than 2 games.

TeamId Cnt
    Ohio State 12
    Alabama 8
    North Dakota State 6
    Michigan 4
    Western Michigan 4
    Boise State 4
    Maryland 3
    Tennessee 3
    Michigan would be higher on the list if they actually played on the road more often (this year they have eight home games and four away games). This weekend, they're finally leaving the confines of the Big House for the first time this year. I won't be shocked if they lose in their second away game at Michigan State.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Sorry to break the doom and gloom of Bisonville tonight but NDSU is now in sole possession of #2 for FBS game winning streaks after the Nittany Lions stunned the Buckeyes tonight! Their 6 game winning streak trails only Bama at 10 games.

I think WMU, Michigan, and Boise St are all at 5 though so they've got a shot to pass the Bison over the next few games. Bama plays their last road game of the year next Saturday in Baton Rouge taking on the Bayou Bengals. Interestingly enough Boise St's next road game is in Laramie.

NDSU is back down to #3 on the Road Winning Streak vs FBS List... call it the FBS Roadwarrior List.

TeamId Cnt Expr1
    Alabama 11 -1
    Western Michigan 7 -1
    North Dakota State 6 -1
    Washington 5 -1
    Clemson 4 -1
    Oklahoma 4 -1

It bothered me that Western Michigan passed us due to their MAC schedule so I decided to attempt the same list for P5 away games only. I'm not sure what I got wrong because I'm only showing 14 teams with P5 road winning streaks of more than 1 game. I'm going to look to see if I can find a team that disproves my results.

The P5 Roadwarrior List:

TeamId Cnt Expr1
    Alabama 11 -1
    North Dakota State 5 -1
    Washington 5 -1
    Oklahoma 4 -1
    Washington State 3 -1
    Utah 3 -1
    Colorado 2 -1
    Oklahoma State 2 -1
    Stanford 2 -1
    Boise State 2 -1
    USC 2 -1
    Wisconsin 2 -1
    Western Michigan 2 -1
    Penn State 2 -1

Edit: OK, one problem is that Notre Dame is considered P5 so I'll see if that's a problem

Bah, I figured it out - wasn't including the ACC as a P5.

Here's the New and Improved P5 Road Warrior list as of Monday. Still only 18 teams with road winning streaks against P5 teams... which goes to show that no matter how many people pioux-pioux NDSU's success against P5 teams, it still doesn't change the reality that it is unprecedented and extraordinary.

TeamId Cnt Expr1
    Alabama 11 -1
    Washington 5 -1
    North Dakota State 5 -1
    Oklahoma 4 -1
    Clemson 4 -1
    Boise State 3 -1
    Washington State 3 -1
    Utah 3 -1
    Stanford 3 -1
    Colorado 2 -1
    Oklahoma State 2 -1