Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois State Pregame Thread

Default Re: Illinois State Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Robbins is out six weeks.

Bridges is now at corner.

Kelley is back at safety.

How often does a WR become a CB? With his catching ability, he might be a pretty good threat for INTs.

Also, what happened to Robbins?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    How often does a WR become a CB? With his catching ability, he might be a pretty good threat for INTs.

Stress fracture in foot. Surgery this week.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From what I have seen so far from the Redbirds this season is that their defense is alright at best, while their offense is definitely struggling without having the likes Roberson or Coprich. However, Warrum is still a beast.

If NDSU plays like they did against Iowa, this will be a fairly good win for the Bison.
    I read somewhere that their D Line is lighter than what they were few years ago, atleast 30lb less. Not sure, need to confirm
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I read somewhere that their D Line is lighter than what they were few years ago, atleast 30lb less. Not sure, need to confirm
    Go do your research, and watch teh films. Report back your findings as quickly as possible. Please pay close attention to any DB's, and only use Desmond King as a measuring stick when you give us the scoop. Thanks in advance!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their QB has been out hurt which has been part of their problem. This is a must win game for them and I expect it to be close. This will be a big test to see how the defense responds without Deluca. Could be a gauge for the rest of the year. Also looking forward to see how the offensive line plays this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Robbins is out six weeks.

Bridges is now at corner.

Kelley is back at safety.

I don't think it's very encouraging that a guy who was a WR two weeks ago is now Allison's backup at CB. Hopefully that means Bridges has just taken to it like a duck to water but there's definitely still big questions there in terms of depth.

Stanley Babtise was a WR for Nebraska and after his Jr year switched to DB and actually was drafted (about 5-6 years ago). I like Kelly better at S and think he can compete with Grimsley for some Playing time.

I see Jack Darnell in the 2 deep. Stanley Jones and Caleb Butler at back up DEs. Darren Kelley at #2 FS. Marquis Bridged back up corner. Dom Davis some nickel. Bryce Messner back up LG

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I see Jack Darnell in the 2 deep. Stanley Jones and Caleb Butler at back up DEs. Darren Kelley at #2 FS. Marquis Bridged back up corner. Dom Davis some nickel. Bryce Messner back up LG
    Messner has been backup LG all year, although I would expect you see him wearing #98 and playing TE more. Especially with Robbins out, some of our TE's will be getting time at FB (H-Back). Dom Davis is backup nickel to PGT. One would wonder that Bachmeier's injury and DeLuca's injury is leading to keeping Grimlsey at Safety in the nickel. Also coould be a reason that Kelley is back at Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't think it's very encouraging that a guy who was a WR two weeks ago is now Allison's backup at CB. Hopefully that means Bridges has just taken to it like a duck to water but there's definitely still big questions there in terms of depth.
    I hope it works out for Marquise as well as it did for this guy:

Hail the BISON!!!