Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa had an entire Year to prepare for NDSU

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Iowa had an entire Year to prepare for NDSU

On the Hawkeye board you read . . . This was NDSU's Super Bowl, they only have to get up for 1 game a year, we were flat, this is lose-lose, doesn't matter to Iowa, they won but are still irrelevant, we should have bought the game out, etc, etc.

Iowa has been hearing about this game for 2+ years. Jim Delaney and Barry Alverez had to be speaking directly with Iowa and Ferentz telling them it's time to finally shut up these little FCS upstarts. Two former NDSU folks on the Iowa staff. Iowa, how do you not get up for this Game?!! The whole B1G had to loving the fact that one of their champs and best teams would finally shut up NDSU and destroy the Bison.

To me, the fact that the B1G was finally going to put the best of the FCS in its place was the stronger force. No way that NDSU would once again sneak up on an FBS opponent. That is what NDSU overcame. What the hell happened Iowa?

Default Re: Iowa had an entire Year to prepare for NDSU

The better team won, flat or not. Our Super Bowl is the Championship game. Also look at how many Bison players are in the NFL. They are still sore.

While tailgating Friday evening, a young man stopped by our group to talk. He was checking the tailgating areas near the Coralville Comfort Suites, making sure everything looked ok. He worked in the Iowa Athletic Department, we immediately struck up a conversation about Gene Taylor. I commented that, we had heard that Gene had communicated his concern about not taking NDSU lightly. He said that was true and the entire Hawkeye coaching staff did not take this game lightly. He said an example, earlier that week at a team meeting, a Hawkeye Coach asked every person in the room to stand up, if they had a previous National Championp, nobody stood. Then he said, the program coming to play on Saturday has 13, 5 at the D1 level and set a NCAA record, getting 5 consecutive NC'state in a row. He said you could of heard a pin drop in that room after he said that. No way the Hawkeyes looked past NDSU, they knew exactly who was coming to town.
    Last edited by KilldeerBison; 09-24-2016 at 02:15 PM.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Everyday I hear or see something else that makes me feel like I did when the clock hit 0:00
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One more thing. If Iowa looked flat that's because NDSU made them flat.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    One more thing. If Iowa looked flat that's because NDSU made them flat.
    Why weren't they flat against MOH and whatever other shitty team they played "At Home" before us. If they were gonna be flat, why wouldn't it be for one or both of those, unless they really are so dumb to think those teams are better than NDSU and they took them more seriously. If they are that dumb, well, then they deserved to lose anyway.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

There are two types of FBS programs: The ones who NDSU has punched in the gut and those that haven't played NDSU yet.

The other excuse that I have only heard a couple times this go around is "NDSU really got up for this game, it was their super bowl". Fans of other teams don't understand that NDSU prepares and plays smash mouth football every game. No way just getting up for a game would have produced a performance like this and dominance in the 4th quarter. Like someone else said already, NDSU's super bowl is the natty.

With the exception of top 10. I honestly believe the gap between the FBS and FCS is not as big as everyone thinks.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If a player can't "get up" to play at home in front of 70k fans, then he needs to look in a mirror and realize he is the problem.