Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Running Backs

Default Running Backs

Dunn is better.
    Bruce is still developing.
    King picked up where he left off in the playoffs - he is getting a lot of yards after contact despite a couple iffy decisions against EWU.
    Morlock - keep catching TDs, man!

Watched the ESPN2 replay and they were raving about Brock Robbins blocking technique too.

Default Re: Running Backs

Dunn: 37 carries, 239 yards (6.5 ypc), 2 TDs
    Frazier: 37 carries, 217 yards (5.9 ypc), 3 TDs
    Anderson: 15 carries, 80 yards (5.3 ypc), 0 TDs

Add that up and you've got 89 carries, 536 yards (6.0 ypc), 5 TDs. Keep that pace up over a 15 game season and you're looking at 445 carries, 2680 yards, and 25 TDs.

I'd say the RB by committee approach is working just fine.

King gets so close to breaking big runs, could've had a few more. Dunn is improved. Still needs to work on his vision. Tends to bounce it outside too much

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We have 3 guys that could easily carry the load alone if needed. I'm surprised by the lack of touches for Anderson but I think that has a lot to do with the emergence of Dunn and he seems like he's getting more passes thrown to him. Chase just does it all!

Know what's great about the RB by committee approach? Continuation of experienced players year after year with little drop off due to graduations. This year we have two veteran backs and next year we'll have the same thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    We have 3 guys that could easily carry the load alone if needed. I'm surprised by the lack of touches for Anderson but I think that has a lot to do with the emergence of Dunn and he seems like he's getting more passes thrown to him. Chase just does it all!
    I've also heard Klieman note in an interview earlier this season that Bruce isn't quite where the others are from a pass protection standpoint, so he's not on the field as much as the others. So if a pass gets changed to a run at the line, it isn't going to Bruce.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

I really liked the pass to Bruce where he was lined up as a wide out (I think) and he just put his head down and ran over the DB. Good stuff.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Isn't Bruce dealing with a minor injury as well?
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Next year with Demaris Purifoy into the fold, we will be loaded again at RB.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Cofield is the real deal. Current redshirt. Explosive and will be great in the passing game.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.