Page 7 of 158 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    I don't believe no FBS will schedule us. I'm pretty sure most, if not all SEC teams, the top P12, the top big 12, and the top ACC teams will play us. You really think LSU, Alabama, GA, Ole Miss, Tenn, Flordia, Auburn, Texas A&M are afraid to play the might Bison? I can't believe USC, UCLA, Stanford, or Washington won't play us? You can't tell me Clemson, Flordia State, or Lousiville would be afraid to schedule us?

I just don't believe we have contacted any of these schools. I have a hard time believing the heavy weights of the P5 conferences won't play us on any given year. Larson should be spending his time and effort on trying to secure a date with one of these teams.
    I think a lot of those school when they play FCS programs, which for some is fairly often, throw a bone to the schools in their own region.

I don't believe no FBS will schedule us. I'm pretty sure most, if not all SEC teams, the top P12, the top big 12, and the top ACC teams will play us. You really think LSU, Alabama, GA, Ole Miss, Tenn, Flordia, Auburn, Texas A&M are afraid to play the might Bison? I can't believe USC, UCLA, Stanford, or Washington won't play us? You can't tell me Clemson, Flordia State, or Lousiville would be afraid to schedule us?

I just don't believe we have contacted any of these schools. I have a hard time believing the heavy weights of the P5 conferences won't play us on any given year. Larson should be spending his time and effort on trying to secure a date with one of these teams.
    I'm sure Bama would play us but some of those other schools have a host of regional sacrificial lambs they can line up. Sadly you don't get bonus points for beating/playing a tough FCS team. It isn't like those programs need help selling tickets, it is just a no win situation for them.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I think it would be kind of fun. As much as people would hate it a game vs UND there would be pretty full since both schools have a large alumni base in the Twin Cities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be the only way NDSU should agree to play them outside the Fargodome.

I think it would be kind of fun. As much as people would hate it a game vs UND there would be pretty full since both schools have a large alumni base in the Twin Cities

He said it wont be them.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

I think it's public knowledge that Arkansas has told us "no way, Jose". They can't be the only ones. It doesn't come down to them being "scared" to play us, it comes down to there being 119 or so other FCS schools that they can play that carry about .01% as much risk as we do. They have no reason to risk playing us, and if a school has a good AD, they won't play us.

A UND game would sellout easy but I can see the point of keeping it in ND.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    He said it wont be them.
    I didn't see that... Just breezed through the article

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    He said it wont be them.
    And it's not a hockey game so ...
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Don't get me wrong, I would love to play every team you mentioned. But what is the incentive for them? Those teams you mentioned would rather play a local FCS team that they know they can beat by 30+. In a dream scenario I would love to play an FBS team every season. But the future of scheduling is changing, especially for NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    It does nothing for the current season ticket holders if we lose a home game. If its an away game fine. But what other team is going to want to give up a home game and travel to the cities.? UND? This game would do nothing for anyone elses fans as well. I dont think UNIs fans would travel
    for a gimmick either.
    The only way it's not a gimmick is if we can somehow get an FBS team, even if it's the Mac conference or Sunbelt

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com