Page 68 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Off the top of my head Wrigley field, Milwaukee County Stadium, The old Met in the cities and a few more.,

And no it wont be right next to the sideline. At least from what Ive seen there will be more space between the seats and sidelines that what you think.

We will see how starved they are to pay inflated tickets prices to watch a tomato can.

But hey you drink enough beer and you wont care what the sight lines are you can just watch it on the scoreboard.
    All baseball stadiums built before 21st century comfort. Target field is a great place for an event.

I have been to AT and T staduim. Ring of Honor suites. Watched the big screen. Went to US BANK, Field Level suite. Watch the Jumbotron and hung out at the Delta Club. New stadiums, the game is part of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    All baseball stadiums built before 21st century comfort. Target field is a great place for an event.

I have been to AT and T staduim. Ring of Honor suites. Watched the big screen. Went to US BANK, Field Level suite. Watch the Jumbotron and hung out at the Delta Club. New stadiums, the game is part of the event.
    Im there to see a game. Youre not. Target field is not a great place to see a football game. If you want an event go to the circus. Thats should entertain you.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Im there to see a game. Youre not. Target field is not a great place to see a football game. If you want an event go to the circus. Thats should entertain you.
    I could care less about the game. I am more concerned about a money making opportunity for the university

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I could care less about the game. I am more concerned about a money making opportunity for the university
    Then you should be concerned that they have a good opponent. I fear if they dont it wont be a money maker. NDSU better get a guarantee. But if you want a real guarantee play in Fargo.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

hey PL and Herdbot. if ndsu football was up to you 2, we'd still be in D2. you 2 have zero foresight and zero idea of what the ndsu public wants.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Maybe it's not about you. Maybe it's about marketing to the 50K alumni who live in Minneapolis and college football fans who want to cheer for a real team.
    I agree. I've lived in the Twin Cities for the past 20 years, IMO there are a lot more than just the alumni in the Twin Cities market that would buy tickets to a NDSU game in the Cities. Don't forget the all of the ND transplants that moved here. For the record, I'd rather have a game at US Bank Stadium than Target Field if at all possible. Better tailgating, better game experience.
    Last edited by MNoodles; 10-20-2016 at 08:44 PM.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, the baseball team just secured a date at US bank stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Maybe it's not about you. Maybe it's about marketing to the 50K alumni who live in Minneapolis and college football fans who want to cheer for a real team.
    50k in Minneapolis? I'm in favor if the game too, but calm down a bit there.

According to the alumni center website in the 6 counties around the cities we have about 11k alumni compared to 14k in Cass and there are only 85k worldwide.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So whats the difference of Ferris or Delaware in Fargo or the cities? You going to the cities to watch the game?
    Absolutely. And for the first time, with my entire family since I can't ever get 5 tickets from NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    50k in Minneapolis? I'm in favor if the game too, but calm down a bit there.

According to the alumni center website in the 6 counties around the cities we have about 11k alumni compared to 14k in Cass and there are only 85k worldwide.
    That is alumni, what about dependents? Two alumni in my family, but last week I had 9 at the game.