Page 65 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I keep waiting for StL's comeback of "Loaf is an adult?! I didn't get the memo!"

And for TAB's response to be " I wasn't talking about Loaf."

I'm just shocked you are still posting here...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's easy to dismiss the importance of tailgating for a full 5-1/2 hours when you don't have a tailgating vehicle that you've spent big bucks on, pay for reserved spots that cost $125 each (x6), and have to plan for food and drinks and sombreros for 40 people who I typically only see 6 times per year. Putting together a big tailgate is part of the experience.

And by the looks of the tailgating lot... I'm not the only one.

I didn't spend this much time and money to bar hop in shitty downtown Minneapolis.
    Fixed it for you.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

The tailgating sightlines would be horrible! Have you ever tailgated at a place other than NDSU? Horrible, I tell you.

This is the absolute worst idea to come out of the NDSU Athletic Department since the decision was made to go to Frisco five years in a row. C'mon, Frisco, TX, 5 years in row for a "home" away game at a soccer field? Football pep rallies at a minor league baseball stadium?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    The tailgating sightlines would be horrible! Have you ever tailgated at a place other than NDSU? Horrible, I tell you.

This is the absolute worst idea to come out of the NDSU Athletic Department since the decision was made to go to Frisco five years in a row. C'mon, Frisco, TX, 5 years in row for a "home" away game at a soccer field? Football pep rallies at a minor league baseball stadium?
    I'm sure if we played a non conference game vs a cupcake team in Frisco TX in September it would draw... 2-3 thousand

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I keep waiting for StL's comeback of "Loaf is an adult?! I didn't get the memo!"

And for TAB's response to be " I wasn't talking about Loaf."

I liked the part about not being an adult
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

It's easy to dismiss the importance of tailgating for a full 5-1/2 hours when you don't have a tailgating vehicle that you've spent big bucks on, pay for reserved spots that cost $125 each (x6), and have to plan for food and drinks for 40 people who I typically only see 6 times per year. Putting together a big tailgate is part of the experience.

And by the looks of the tailgating lot... I'm not the only one.

I didn't spend this much time and money to bar hop in shitty downtown Minneapolis.
    And its easy to put too much importance on it when you're focused on that direct impact to you.

We don't know any details about how this would work, so getting worked up about it now is pointless. I'm in favor of it because it's a $15 uber away instead of a 7 hour drive for me. You're opposed for the same reason, and neither one of us are going to change our mind until we see details about the real impact to NDSU for a game that either won't ever happen or at least won't happen for another 3 years.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

To clarify... just because I'm asking a lot of questions, that doesn't mean I am opposed to the game. I see the upside if it.

My real concerns are...

- losing a home game (may happen in a 12 game season so may not be an issue)
    - quality of the opponent
    - sightlines which were addressed and are not an issue looking at the St Thomas game layout
    - tailgating

Also I'm concerned about attendance if the opponent sucks and I think we could include the ticket in the season tickets to boost numbers

Personally I would rather play a 6th cupcake home game (could even be a non scholly D1 or D2 if the only option) and go to Minneapolis. I absolutely hate the idea of 5 games in the dome.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good grief. So much melodrama over the possibility of one game. Some of you guys have a lot more in common with Fat Rob and certain state legislators than you realize.

As I said before, I don't care too much but I'd like to see it at least once. If you really feel one tailgate and season ticket are so important you'd rather see the likes of Ferris and Delaware State in Fargo than to take a chance on something with big potential, so be it, I can't speak for you. But just keep in mind that Bison football has pretty much gone as far as it can right now and without a new stadium and/or move to FBS there is nowhere else to go from here. This is one way to help it keep growing. And I am talking about football here, not basketball, wrestling, or any other sport this game would not affect one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    And its easy to put too much importance on it when you're focused on that direct impact to you.

We don't know any details about how this would work, so getting worked up about it now is pointless. I'm in favor of it because it's a $15 uber away instead of a 7 hour drive for me. You're opposed for the same reason, and neither one of us are going to change our mind until we see details about the real impact to NDSU for a game that either won't ever happen or at least won't happen for another 3 years.
    Agreed but in all fairness it's not just me. There are probably more tailgaters than people in the dome. The tailgating busses are lined up for a mile overnight. Most of those people don't post here on Bisonville

To clarify... just because I'm asking a lot of questions, that doesn't mean I am opposed to the game. I see the upside if it.

My real concerns are...

- losing a home game (may happen in a 12 game season so may not be an issue)
    - quality of the opponent
    - sightlines which were addressed and are not an issue looking at the St Thomas game layout
    - tailgating

Also I'm concerned about attendance if the opponent sucks and I think we could include the ticket in the season tickets to boost numbers

Personally I would rather play a 6th cupcake home game (could even be a non scholly D1 or D2 if the only option) and go to Minneapolis. I absolutely hate the idea of 5 games in the dome.
    When was the last time NDSU had less than 6 or 7 home games in a season? 2009? You can tailgate in the playoffs too.

Game is a cool idea. Hope they get it done. Nice change of pace. Family would enjoy it provided it was against a not terrible team.
    College of Business Alumnus