Page 63 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Pretty much everybody who is complaining has also said they would be there regardless of who the opponent is. That tells me ML is right. While we'd all rather see a strong opponent or rival, it's not going to matter much, at least not for the first game.

And of course Alabama isn't giving up money, as he mentioned that's his point. I'm pretty confident NDSU wouldn't either. You'll notice they didn't just jump in and agree to something on the spur of the moment. It needs to make sense, and they appear to be doing their due diligence.
    Everyone who posts on Bisonville are not your everyday fans

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    They are giving up a 6-10 million home gate to play a neutral site game knowing they are going to make more is my point. So the argument that NDSU is giving up an home gate and loss revenue is an argument that is offset with the ideal if done right you make more on a neutral site game. That is the point I am making.
    6-10 million for Alabama is chump change. Sad but true. TV money allows you to to do that. They can afford to break even or even take a small loss. We can't. Their TV money is probably more than our whole athletic budget

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I would assume that season ticket holders would get a Target Field game ticket as part of their package.
    If a Target Field game were in the season ticket package as a home game........................ where would I sit, and who's going to decide that for me?

And what about my reserved tailgating spots for 6 home games? Is a Target field game going to be included in that too? If it's in the season ticket package as a home game, shouldn't it be in my reserved tailgating package also? How would that work exactly?

Just sayin'.

I would assume that season ticket holders would get a Target Field game ticket as part of their package.

If the price of tickets is to high for some people, they're going to have to make a decision. That's not taking anything away from anyone.

It's been a while but we've had years with only 5 home dates before. No one died.

It's probably a long shot that this ever gets off the ground and even if it's a ripping success it's not going to be an annual or even semi-annual thing. In some crazy dream world where everyone falls in love with this game (clearly not the case) it's probably once every 5 years or something. Surely a hotel room in the cities twice a decade isn't going to break anyone who's got disposable income for season tickets. Also, if is too much money or to big a pain in the ass, you can sell your ticket (or not buy it in the event it isn't part of your package).
    If you want 40k fans, you have to make it easy for your season ticket holders to get tickets. If you don't want them, they can be sold.

They also better guarantee the tailgating passes will work too. We pay more for our tailgating spots than we give to teammakers.

If the price of tickets is to high for some people, they're going to have to make a decision. That's not taking anything away from anyone.

It's been a while but we've had years with only 5 home dates before. No one died.

It's probably a long shot that this ever gets off the ground and even if it's a ripping success it's not going to be an annual or even semi-annual thing. In some crazy dream world where everyone falls in love with this game (clearly not the case) it's probably once every 5 years or something. Surely a hotel room in the cities twice a decade isn't going to break anyone who's got disposable income for season tickets. Also, if is too much money or to big a pain in the ass, you can sell your ticket (or not buy it in the event it isn't part of your package).
    Is it impossible for you to admit you are wrong? I don't want to pick on you about it if it is a disability.

You'd assume teammakers would get a seat? Sure. Yeah. Okay. As far as the part about 5 home games and no one died. I agree...but people still had something taken away...and you would be wrong.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Is it impossible for you to admit you are wrong? I don't want to pick on you about it if it is a disability.

You'd assume teammakers would get a seat? Sure. Yeah. Okay. As far as the part about 5 home games and no one died. I agree...but people still had something taken away...and you would be wrong.
    Don't feel bad man. Apparently people like you and I can't form out own opinions or ask the tough questions. And if we do, we're small time thinkers. Everyone keeps saying to trust Matt Larson. Why?? He's still pretty new. I'm sure he values other people's opinions

OMG! The tailgaiting!

That tears it. I'm out. #neverTargetField
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Perhaps they will do this in a 12 game season? 6 home/6 away? Just a thought
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    That lines up with 2019...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Adults are talking, please keep the nonsense to yourself.

Seriously, this would make the option better...like I said before...sure willing to see what is offered before I judge.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]