Page 62 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Realize is Alabama is giving up a home game to play this game. They are giving up a 6, 8, 10 million gate to play a neutral site game. That tells me there is money to be made in doing it. Otherwise they wouldn't.

They is a difference between requested tickets and sold tickets. People want tickets but when it comes time to purchase that is another story. Again, NDSU has no ticket waiting list, so they don't know. If demand was 30k a game, we wouldn't be at the high end of the price point for home games. Demand would support a higher price.

As for many fans from western ND, same argument is made for Western MN.

Supporting a second sport. Just because wrestling or ladies basketball is successful does not mean a donor a fan has more money to spend on NDSU. Take a typical donor that gives today. Are they going to give more because WBB is winning? I don't think so. As such you might be reaching your saturation point in Fargo.

Without knowing who the opponent is, really a moot point. Based on the scheduling NDSU has done, they have done well. So I would expect a game that would be a draw to make the game successful.
    According to this quote for ML your comment is moot---Matt Larson doesnt think the opponent is as important as the venue and the destination.\

Oh Alabama isnt giving up 6-10 million. You dont think they have a guarantee????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    According to this quote for ML your comment is moot---Matt Larson doesnt think the opponent is as important as the venue and the destination.\

Oh Alabama isnt giving up 6-10 million. You dont think they have a guarantee????
    They are giving up a 6-10 million home gate to play a neutral site game knowing they are going to make more is my point. So the argument that NDSU is giving up an home gate and loss revenue is an argument that is offset with the ideal if done right you make more on a neutral site game. That is the point I am making.

They are giving up a 6-10 million home gate to play a neutral site game knowing they are going to make more is my point. So the argument that NDSU is giving up an home gate and loss revenue is an argument that is offset with the ideal if done right you make more on a neutral site game. That is the point I am making.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pretty much everybody who is complaining has also said they would be there regardless of who the opponent is. That tells me ML is right. While we'd all rather see a strong opponent or rival, it's not going to matter much, at least not for the first game.

And of course Alabama isn't giving up money, as he mentioned that's his point. I'm pretty confident NDSU wouldn't either. You'll notice they didn't just jump in and agree to something on the spur of the moment. It needs to make sense, and they appear to be doing their due diligence.

How much to you think this was a trial balloon thrown out by the athletic department to get feedback? I would venture to guess the feedback directly to the university has been useful in determining whether to move forward with this and to gauge interest.

I just hope NDSU isn't overlooking they could alienate the core season ticket base for the sake of "expanding the brand". You tell a lot of the season ticket holders that you are going to double the cost of their season tickets...and in the same year start hinting that you're thinking about taking a home game away.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    I just hope NDSU isn't overlooking they could alienate the core season ticket base for the sake of "expanding the brand". You tell a lot of the season ticket holders that you are going to double the cost of their season tickets...and in the same year start hinting that you're thinking about taking a home game away.
    They are going to put the game in a venue that is 2x the size of the FargoDome. Every season ticket holder is going to get a seat (and probably the opportunity to be first in line to buy additional tickets) they'll get a great deal on a hotel package if they need one and they'll thrown them a huge fucking party in the ballroom at the Loews across from Target Center or some shit. No one is taking anything away from anyone.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 10-19-2016 at 06:25 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    They are going to put the game in a venue that is 2x the size of the FargoDome. Every season ticket holder is going to get a seat (and probably the opportunity to be first in line to buy additional tickets) they'll get a great deal on a hotel package if they need one and they'll thrown them a huge fucking party in the ballroom at the Loews across from Target center or some shit. No one is taking anything away from anyone.
    You can have it all at Target field. The suite level and clubs can handle all that.

Hey how about this. Give every season ticket holder a Free Seat at the game, still have 30k to sell.

The opportunities are endless to make this work.

Let's say you sell 5k tickets to Twin Cities folks that don't have much involvement with the university. You have to figure Simmers will get a handful of them drunk and get big checks out of them. Isn't that a win?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    They are going to put the game in a venue that is 2x the size of the FargoDome. Every season ticket holder is going to get a seat (and probably the opportunity to be first in line to buy additional tickets) they'll get a great deal on a hotel package if they need one and they'll thrown them a huge fucking party in the ballroom at the Loews across from Target center or some shit. No one is taking anything away from anyone.
    Not taking anything away? So in Herd Mentality's example said teammaker gets his cost doubled. One home game taken away for game at Target field. He is still paying the same amount, but one less home game. Does the price he paid include the ticket at Target field? No you say? Oh, so said Teammaker has to pay extra for that. Oh yeah, he also has to pay the great deal at the hotel, etc. Sounds like something is taken away to me.

Don't take me as somebody against the idea, though...just showing that you maybe didn't take everything into account. As far as being for or against...I'll wait and see what happens and decide later.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Not taking anything away? So in Herd Mentality's example said teammaker gets his cost doubled. One home game taken away for game at Target field. He is still paying the same amount, but one less home game. Does the price he paid include the ticket at Target field? No you say? Oh, so said Teammaker has to pay extra for that. Oh yeah, he also has to pay the great deal at the hotel, etc. Sounds like something is taken away to me.

Don't take me as somebody against the idea, though...just showing that you maybe didn't take everything into account. As far as being for or against...I'll wait and see what happens and decide later.
    I would assume that season ticket holders would get a Target Field game ticket as part of their package.

If the price of tickets is to high for some people, they're going to have to make a decision. That's not taking anything away from anyone.

It's been a while but we've had years with only 5 home dates before. No one died.

It's probably a long shot that this ever gets off the ground and even if it's a ripping success it's not going to be an annual or even semi-annual thing. In some crazy dream world where everyone falls in love with this game (clearly not the case) it's probably once every 5 years or something. Surely a hotel room in the cities twice a decade isn't going to break anyone who's got disposable income for season tickets. Also, if is too much money or to big a pain in the ass, you can sell your ticket (or not buy it in the event it isn't part of your package).
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie