Page 61 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

All tied around building the brand.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Well...

Comparing an NDSU vs [enter cupcake team] to two of the biggest football rivalries in the nation in Harvard/Yale and Lehigh/Lafayette isnt really fair. Leigh and Lafayette is so big I heard it on national radio in Fargo.

If you want to see something like that, we need to get a rival school involved. And then we would give them as much exposure as we would get.

Matt Larson has the right idea... just not an opponent worthy of it.

Now I know this would make many gag but if NDSU/UND did this game every other year... it could sell out the Vikings Stadium. Every fan would be there, except for Lakes

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    All tied around building the brand.

Well...

Comparing an NDSU vs [enter cupcake team] to two of the biggest football rivalries in the nation in Harvard/Yale and Lehigh/Lafayette isnt really fair. Leigh and Lafayette is so big I heard it on national radio in Fargo.

If you want to see something like that, we need to get a rival school involved. And then we would give them as much exposure as we would get.

Matt Larson has the right idea... just not an opponent worthy of it.

Now I know this would make many gag but if NDSU/UND did this game every other year... it could sell out the Vikings Stadium. Every fan would be there, except for Lakes[/QUOTE]

Need to take the blinders off and don't get stuck on one detail. Leheigh/Lafatteye, don't know nothing about them. Don't care. Read what the article talk about. The whole plan of making it work. Finding a partner, both in the game and in the city and build the event. Everything about this article is what you do to make it work.

And I still contend, play the Sioux there. Have 45,000 in attendance. If it helps them, so what. We come out farther ahead they will.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

see bolded...
    Realize is Alabama is giving up a home game to play this game. They are giving up a 6, 8, 10 million gate to play a neutral site game. That tells me there is money to be made in doing it. Otherwise they wouldn't.

They is a difference between requested tickets and sold tickets. People want tickets but when it comes time to purchase that is another story. Again, NDSU has no ticket waiting list, so they don't know. If demand was 30k a game, we wouldn't be at the high end of the price point for home games. Demand would support a higher price.

As for many fans from western ND, same argument is made for Western MN.

Supporting a second sport. Just because wrestling or ladies basketball is successful does not mean a donor a fan has more money to spend on NDSU. Take a typical donor that gives today. Are they going to give more because WBB is winning? I don't think so. As such you might be reaching your saturation point in Fargo.

Without knowing who the opponent is, really a moot point. Based on the scheduling NDSU has done, they have done well. So I would expect a game that would be a draw to make the game successful.

Realize is Alabama is giving up a home game to play this game. They are giving up a 6, 8, 10 million gate to play a neutral site game. That tells me there is money to be made in doing it. Otherwise they wouldn't.

They is a difference between requested tickets and sold tickets. People want tickets but when it comes time to purchase that is another story. Again, NDSU has no ticket waiting list, so they don't know. If demand was 30k a game, we wouldn't be at the high end of the price point for home games. Demand would support a higher price.

Supporting a second sport. Just because wrestling or ladies basketball is successful does not mean a donor a fan has more money to spend on NDSU. Take a typical donor that gives today. Are they going to give more because WBB is winning? I don't think so. As such you might be reaching your saturation point in Fargo.

Without knowing who the opponent is, really a moot point. Based on the scheduling NDSU has done, they have done well. So I would expect a game that would be a draw to make the game successful.
    I've heard from some pretty credible people we could sell 30k tickets. I contend we are already on the high end of tickets. That's how Teammakers is getting close to 4 million. Not counting the rising donation costs, it's already $40 per ticket. And I don't even have great seats. I think I'm $400 for a single. That's a heck of a lot more than virtually every FCS team and pretty comparable G5 schools. Heck the Gophers tickets start at 45 bucks with no donation.

Basketball season is long. Football season is only 6 games. Fans need entertainment outside of the football season because what happens when we have a bad year? That's how you exand the brand. Have basketball rock through the end of February. They don't need to all donate. Just buying a ticket would help. That's how it all starts.

Until we can start selling out men's basketball games on Wednesday night, we have a lot of work to do IMO

I think basketball is a totally different crowd

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Need to take the blinders off and don't get stuck on one detail. Leheigh/Lafatteye, don't know nothing about them. Don't care. Read what the article talk about. The whole plan of making it work. Finding a partner, both in the game and in the city and build the event. Everything about this article is what you do to make it work.

And I still contend, play the Sioux there. Have 45,000 in attendance. If it helps them, so what. We come out farther ahead they will.

If you lived out east you would know about Lehigh/Lafayette. Seriously it's huge and they even got a national tv/radio deal because of it

But yes I do like the road map. Good stuff

I'm not sure you can make both the, if-there-were-really-30,000-who-want-tickets-prices-would-be-higher and the saturation-point argument.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

There is plenty of upside. You just can't throw some shitty opponent in there and expect knowledgeable Fargo Bison fans who go to the game every week and understand the difference between Delaware State and Jacksonville State to get pumped up about it and go simply because it's a football game. Maybe you can trick Minneapolis fans though
    FCS oppnents dont excite the average Bison fan other than maybe UND, the Montanas, a few MVC schools. Most probably dont even care about SHSU, EWU, JSU, other than the diehards or people on Bisonville. Not the average person you see at tailgating or a game. If people go it will be because of NDSU. Not an FCS opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    FCS oppnents dont excite the average Bison fan other than maybe UND, the Montanas, a few MVC schools. Most probably dont even care about SHSU, EWU, JSU, other than the diehards or people on Bisonville. Not the average person you see at tailgating or a game. If people go it will be because of NDSU. Not an FCS opponent.
    #buttMOA? ..
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There is plenty of upside. You just can't throw some shitty opponent in there and expect knowledgeable Fargo Bison fans who go to the game every week and understand the difference between Delaware State and Jacksonville State to get pumped up about it and go simply because it's a football game. Maybe you can trick Minneapolis fans though
    What ndsubison1 said! Speak for yourself Bot. I consider myself a pretty big Bison fan and I've already said the reason I would be there is to see the Bison play. Sure, I want to see a good opponent, but I'll be there regardless of who it is.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

I disagree. Our season ticket base is very knowledgeable. Outside of Misery State, Indiana State, and USD the fans care about opponents. The only time they don't care are the first few games of the year because they enjoy the early season warm tailgating weather and to raise the banner. The playoffs are ramped up because the competition is good. The crowd doesn't even get into games unless the opponent is good. Early season cupcake games I see new faces around my season tickets neighbors because the fans are bored and sell them. Let's compare the crowd for Youngstown, UNI, Eastern Washington to say USD or Weber State. Night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    What ndsubison1 said! Speak for yourself Bot. I consider myself a pretty big Bison fan and I've already said the reason I would be there is to see the Bison play. Sure, I want to see a good opponent, but I'll be there regardless of who it is.
    You must be a cheap date

I'll be there no matter who we play because I'm a big picture fan.