Page 6 of 158 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Who cares if anyone in msp cares about the game. Msp alumni and Fargo Bison fans and every other Bison fan would pack the place!! Have any of you been to a Bison football game with 40,000 Bisom fan?!! Yeah, me neither.. Has never happened. I like this idea. If they are still doing the FCS kickoff, I would think they would want this game on ESPN.
    I agree! This would be an awesome atmosphere, it would garner a ton of attention even if not against a big name opponent. ESPN loved the whole Bristol atmosphere a couple weeks ago for the VT/ Tenn game (seating here would not be any where near as bad as that was for seeing the game- a soccer match was just held in Target Field and viewing was not bad at all.) Gopher fans would be beside themselves if GameDay were to come here for an NDSU game in their own backyard while not hosting it themselves. It would continue to help recruiting even furthee especially the Minnesota kids n surrounding regions. It would be a pretty awesome novelty. I get losing a home game is not favorable with most fans that would have to travel in, but it would be something after the fact I bet everyone was glad took place.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Have you ever been to a FB game in a BB stadium?
    No but I've been Target Field a bunch of times and it seems like it would be better than some of other ballparks I've been to.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Honestly, I don't understand the whole 'hate losing a home game' stance. We usually get 6 regular season games every year, which is above average with an 11-game schedule. Then, we usually get 3 more home playoff games. Nine home games a year. That's more than some FCS teams get in 2 years combined. I don't understand how you wouldn't want to give just one of those games up once for the opportunity for something like this. And don't kid yourself, we are scheduling ZERO FBS games in the 5 years unless we start losing consistently. Put it in perspective of any other FCS team and they would KILL for this opportunity. Hell UND is trying to kill themselves just to get their games on FSN North so people in MSP can watch the game on TV. This is just another way for us to push the envelope and increase our footprint.
    Those 3 HOME playoff games arent automatic. The key to the success of the gimmick is the opponent. Other than that I dont see what the big deal is. Weve played there 3 times already.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    In the perfect scenario, we schedule it during a 12 game season. Still have 6 games at the dome and then have an extra "home" game in msp. 2019 is the next chance for 12 games.

2019 is a 12 game season. OOC schedule is as follows:

8/31 Home vs Butler
    9/7 Home vs UND
    9/14 Away vs Delaware

There are two open dates available for a game like this without costing a precious home game in the dome. This year is the ideal scenario for everyone IMO.

Meh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    I agree with this, but do you think this will actually happen? Larsen is probably seeing the writing on the wall. No FBS team will schedule us. This is an opportunity for a one time substitute for the lack of FBS games on the schedule.

I don't believe no FBS will schedule us. I'm pretty sure most, if not all SEC teams, the top P12, the top big 12, and the top ACC teams will play us. You really think LSU, Alabama, GA, Ole Miss, Tenn, Flordia, Auburn, Texas A&M are afraid to play the might Bison? I can't believe USC, UCLA, Stanford, or Washington won't play us? You can't tell me Clemson, Flordia State, or Lousiville would be afraid to schedule us?

I just don't believe we have contacted any of these schools. I have a hard time believing the heavy weights of the P5 conferences won't play us on any given year. Larson should be spending his time and effort on trying to secure a date with one of these teams.

I'm all for it. I don't mind giving up a home game. I've been to like a hundred home games so something new and different would be fun, especially since we'll probably have fewer FBS games coming up.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Target Field should have many open dates in Oct and after so that shouldnt be a problem.
    The Cardinals FB Team played at Bush stadium. It was ok. Just ok- thats why they moved.
    Maybe we can dupe one of our slower thinking MVFC teams into thinking its a good idea. They can give up a home game and we will do all the planning.
    It is apparent that M Larsen reads BV
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Those 3 HOME playoff games arent automatic. The key to the success of the gimmick is the opponent. Other than that I dont see what the big deal is. Weve played there 3 times already.
    I agree, can't be a stinker of an opponent. Like others have said, ideally it would be in a season that's either 12 games or we can't find an FBS opponent. We can still have our 6 regular season home games. We have incredible leaders at NDSU that wouldn't do this unless it was best for the program and its fans. I don't understand why BV doesn't seem to trust our leaders on decisions such as this (see gameday location hysteria that turned out to be without a doubt the correct decision). The ones making this decision have great vision, but also know what the fans want. IIRC Matt Larsen has said that getting 6 home games a year is the #1 most important thing on which he bases his scheduling decisions.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think it would be kind of fun. As much as people would hate it a game vs UND there would be pretty full since both schools have a large alumni base in the Twin Cities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk