Page 57 of 158 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Do it Teachers convention weekend, half of ND is in the cities anyways for 3 days.
    Wait wait wait. So your saying teachers actually go to those things????
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We wouldn't bring 45k fans for the Gophers if it was a home game at and they couldn't get any tickets. Maybe 30-35k with an awesome opponent. Your level of exaggeration borders on legally retarded
    Correct me if I'm wrong last game vs Gophers at TCF we had what 30,000 Bison faithful? I think we had that in the Metrodome too not? Anywho, we would never bring 45,000 to a game in Minneapolis especially if we couldn't do it against the Gophers! I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 if we had a decent opponent.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Wouldn't they do something similar to what was done at the Rose Bowl in 2014 where the Rose Bowl was played, then five days later they played the BCS Championship Game? In that scenario, the laid a whole new level of sod on top of the old sod right after the Rose Bowl and repainted the field.
    I wonder were they would get all that sod.....

Target Center's Roof maybe?
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    I wonder were they would get all that sod.....

Target Center's Roof maybe?
    I don't know if you are thinking what I am thinking, but they should totally play a game right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong last game vs Gophers at TCF we had what 30,000 Bison faithful? I think we had that in the Metrodome too not? Anywho, we would never bring 45,000 to a game in Minneapolis especially if we couldn't do it against the Gophers! I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 20,000 if we had a decent opponent.
    Last game at Metrodome maybe. The game at TCF, tickets were really hard to get. And the crowd size at the Metrodome was set by the number of seats available.

If NDSU can't get more than 20,000 to Target Field, then that game will never happen again and the problem is solved. Not sure how many Target Field can really seat for football... 30000?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    No. It was 20k. Maybe 25k. The 30k is a mythical number. The Gopher fans wore yellow too.

I think we could draw 20k againt most teams but if they want a sell out they better include the game in season tickets. Makes the decision easier.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Last game at Metrodome maybe. The game at TCF, tickets were really hard to get. And the crowd size at the Metrodome was set by the number of seats available.

If NDSU can't get more than 20,000 to Target Field, then that game will never happen again and the problem is solved. Not sure how many Target Field can really seat for football... 30000?
    I sat on the 2nd deck corner at TCF and to the right of me in the end zone seating, there were plenty of open seats...now if they were being held out by gopher fans or were too spendy I don't know but it definitely was not completely full.

No. It was 20k. Maybe 25k. The 30k is a mythical number. The Gopher fans wore yellow too.

I think we could draw 20k againt most teams but if they want a sell out they better include the game in season tickets. Makes the decision easier.
    If those numbers are true, well then my point is further made about getting numbers to this Target Field game if we can't even get 30,000 to a Gophers game first time in TCF. The season tickets idea isn't a bad idea...

I don't think he is that retarded at all. You mention that St. Johns and Thomas have great Minneapolis Fan Bases. I would argue NDSU might be the second fan base in the cities for college football.

You have a lot of people that want to go to NDSU football in MSP, but they can't do to lack of tickets at the fargodome. On the Fargo side, we always hear how great the west lot Travels. So we get 10k. Do it Teachers convention weekend, half of ND is in the cities anyways for 3 days. Throw a football game on top of it.

Lots of interesting stories out there way the Alabama's, Michigan's are giving up games to do the neutral site games. Explains giving up home games in some cases, again not a novel ideal.
    St Johns and St Thomas are basically in the Twin Cities though and when you combine the fan bases together, it's huge.

What opponent could we face that would bring that kind of travelling crowd from other schools? Regional schools like Ndsu, uni, and the Undies.

And why would we want to help promote rival schools? Those schools already draw well

I'm OK with it the opponent's right and if we can draw 35k. But like I said in a previous post, look at the USD crowd in Sioux Falls

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

St Johns and St Thomas are basically in the Twin Cities though and when you combine the fan bases together, it's huge.

What opponent could we face that would bring that kind of travelling crowd from other schools? Regional schools like Ndsu, uni, and the Undies.

And why would we want to help promote rival schools? Those schools already draw well

I'm OK with it the opponent's right and if we can draw 35k. But like I said in a previous post, look at the USD crowd in Sioux Falls
    I don't see what comparing USD in Sioux Falls to a game in Sioux Falls has to do with the argument. That was an USD game, not a bison game.

The other constant argument was only 20-25k went to the gopher game at TCF. If you are basing attendance on that game, that means the brand has not grown one bit after the TCF game, which I believe was in 2011. Since that game, 5 national championships, two game days, many games on ESPN (12 maybe), a number 2 overall draft pick. If you think after all that the brand is the same size as 2011, then that means there is no demand for 30k tickets in Fargo. That is made up as well. That means no need for expanded facilities, no need to consider playing FBS teams out of region, as the program and brand has peaked.

I tend to think its only the tip of the iceberg. The brand is bigger than five years and only starting to take advantage of places like Minneapolis, Phoenix, because the alumni association, teammakers, athletic department until recently has only tried to tap the market.

I don't see what comparing USD in Sioux Falls to a game in Sioux Falls has to do with the argument. That was an USD game, not a bison game.

The other constant argument was only 20-25k went to the gopher game at TCF. If you are basing attendance on that game, that means the brand has not grown one bit after the TCF game, which I believe was in 2011. Since that game, 5 national championships, two game days, many games on ESPN (12 maybe), a number 2 overall draft pick. If you think after all that the brand is the same size as 2011, then that means there is no demand for 30k tickets in Fargo. That is made up as well. That means no need for expanded facilities, no need to consider playing FBS teams out of region, as the program and brand has peaked.

I tend to think its only the tip of the iceberg. The brand is bigger than five years and only starting to take advantage of places like Minneapolis, Phoenix, because the alumni association, teammakers, athletic department until recently has only tried to tap the market.
    Bingo.. The Debbie downers of North Dakota makes sick as a NDSU fan (cue sdbison!) you have 0 faith or clue outside of your little bubble.

NDSU having a game at target field of us bank draws 40,000-50,000 fans if marketed the right way.

Make it a Saturday when gophers are away and day before Vikings home game.

We need to start thinking bigger, else we are stuck here with SDSU, usd, und, Indiana st, western Illinois forever ICK!!!

Gotta keep growing, else we are dying.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?