Page 5 of 158 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    That looks pretty snug. Wasn't there a football game at Wrigley a few years back and the football field didn't fit?
    Wrigley used to be the Cubs home field before they moved to Soldier. Its sucked. Just like the Packers at Milwaukee County and the Vikings at the old Met.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    How's that? Are we gonna play all of our "home" games there?

Sent from my iPhone.
    No shit.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Who cares if anyone in msp cares about the game. Msp alumni and Fargo Bison fans and every other Bison fan would pack the place!! Have any of you been to a Bison football game with 40,000 Bisom fan?!! Yeah, me neither.. Has never happened. I like this idea. If they are still doing the FCS kickoff, I would think they would want this game on ESPN.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    meh, doesn't turn me on. No one in the cities, outside of alumni, are going to be turned on for a game between two FCS teams that have no connection to the area. Even if we bring a MAC team, no one will care because it isn't a big 10 team.

I would rather he work on playing a P5 team. Doesn't matter who or where. I would travel to Tuscaloosa, Athens, LA, or Scottsdale to see us play before I would drive to the TC to watch us cream some no name FCS team.
    I think the point is to allow fans who live in the Twin Cities that may want to go to games but can't get tickets an opportunity to go. Plus most of the local fans.

Make it a 7th game during a 12 game season or an FBS opponent, but I hate the idea of losing a home game. If I'm going to do a 6 hour round trip, rent hotels for 2 day this better not be a shity opponent. I have better things to do than drive 6 hours for a crappy game. Between a game and 5 hours tailgating that's a long weekend

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    meh, doesn't turn me on. No one in the cities, outside of alumni, are going to be turned on for a game between two FCS teams that have no connection to the area. Even if we bring a MAC team, no one will care because it isn't a big 10 team.

I would rather he work on playing a P5 team. Doesn't matter who or where. I would travel to Tuscaloosa, Athens, LA, or Scottsdale to see us play before I would drive to the TC to watch us cream some no name FCS team.
    I agree with this, but do you think this will actually happen? Larsen is probably seeing the writing on the wall. No FBS team will schedule us. This is an opportunity for a one time substitute for the lack of FBS games on the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think the point is to allow fans who live in the Twin Cities that may want to go to games but can't get tickets an opportunity to go. Plus most of the local fans.

Make it a 7th game or an FBS opponent, but I hate the idea of losing a home game.
    It does nothing for the current season ticket holders if we lose a home game. If its an away game fine. But what other team is going to want to give up a home game and travel to the cities.? UND? This game would do nothing for anyone elses fans as well. I dont think UNIs fans would travel
    for a gimmick either.

I'm waiting to see Alabama vs. NDSU in US Bank Stadium.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    I agree with this, but do you think this will actually happen? Larsen is probably seeing the writing on the wall. No FBS team will schedule us. This is an opportunity for a one time substitute for the lack of FBS games on the schedule.
    The problem is if you cant get an FBS team he has to find a great FCS team. I dont know whose going to like losing a home game to drive to watch a tomato can.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Make it a 7th game or an FBS opponent, but I hate the idea of losing a home game.
    Honestly, I don't understand the whole 'hate losing a home game' stance. We usually get 6 regular season games every year, which is above average with an 11-game schedule. Then, we usually get 3 more home playoff games. Nine home games a year. That's more than some FCS teams get in 2 years combined. I don't understand how you wouldn't want to give just one of those games up once for the opportunity for something like this. And don't kid yourself, we are scheduling ZERO FBS games in the 5 years unless we start losing consistently. Put it in perspective of any other FCS team and they would KILL for this opportunity. Hell UND is trying to kill themselves just to get their games on FSN North so people in MSP can watch the game on TV. This is just another way for us to push the envelope and increase our footprint.

In the perfect scenario, we schedule it during a 12 game season. Still have 6 games at the dome and then have an extra "home" game in msp. 2019 is the next chance for 12 games.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN