Page 42 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post

As for UNI on an off year. Don't we not play one team in the valley each year? We didn't play Illinois State last year.
    UNI, SDSU, USD, MSU will always be secure on our schedule SIU, YSU, ISU-b, ISU-R and WIU will rotate on ours, SDSU, USD and UNI schedule

I may be wrong on the rotation but not the teams
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Isn't the goal to make money and expand the brand?

I know they mentioned it would not be UND. I said if you want to fill the place, play UND. We are the home team, sell tickets to UND fans, NDSU makes money on it.

As for UNI on an off year. Don't we not play one team in the valley each year? We didn't play Illinois State last year.
    Our brand...yes. That's why I feel it would be a team from outside our region. The right team could make or break this.

It's 50/50 anyway so I'm not gonna worry about it too much.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Isn't the goal to make money and expand the brand?

I know they mentioned it would not be UND. I said if you want to fill the place, play UND. We are the home team, sell tickets to UND fans, NDSU makes money on it.

If we have to give up a home game this is going to have to gross a shit ton of money for NDSU to make what they do at the dome. Plus they are betting on the come that fans are blindly going to go to the cities and pay an inflated price to watch a ????not so good team???? in a not so football friendly viewing stadium. Of course those very important details have to be worked out before its finalized.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Our brand...yes. That's why I feel it would be a team from outside our region. The right team could make or break this.

It's 50/50 anyway so I'm not gonna worry about it too much.
    Yep....................
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If we have to give up a home game this is going to have to gross a shit ton of money for NDSU to make what they do at the dome. Plus they are betting on the come that fans are blindly going to go to the cities and pay an inflated price to watch a ????not so good team???? in a not so football friendly viewing stadium. Of course those very important details have to be worked out before its finalized.
    PL, careful now, that strangely sounds like you are a agreeing with me. Quick, find a way to disagree to put the world back in order!

The good news is they're not blindly jumping into this. ML stated that a number of things have to come together. I'm guessing at least two of them are how much the Twins get to keep and who they can line up for an opponent. Points that several people have made on here. I doubt they'll do it if it doesn't add up for NDSU. So have a little confidence in the administration....they're not perfect, but they have a pretty damn good batting percentage in this whole DI journey.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You have a fan base that drops 15 million to go to frisco. 5 million to go to Iowa city. Assumes 1000 per person per game. This is money NDSU is not capturing. A game at NDSU grosses 800k.

This is the opportunity cost lost by the program. NDSU fans have had money to spend. NDSU does not capture it. Frisco Iowa city. Capture that discretionary income

You have a fan base that drops 15 million to go to frisco. 5 million to go to Iowa city. Assumes 1000 per person per game. This is money NDSU is not capturing. A game at NDSU grosses 800k.

This is the opportunity cost lost by the program. NDSU fans have had money to spend. NDSU does not capture it. Frisco Iowa city. Capture that discretionary income
    It's discretionary for the right event and most of it is travel expenses. How is NDSU supposed to capture my travel expenses?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Are we going to have to buy a ticket to USD/Colgate to get one of these Minneapolis tickets?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    UNI would never draw as well as UND for a game like this.

I would be surprised if UNI would bring 7-8K.
    The goal is to improve our exposure in Minnesota. Not UNIs and UNDs. Terrible idea

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com