Page 41 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    They will never draw 40K without something to make it "splashy." B1G won't play them; and would a MAC team make it splashy? It will be a cluster if a weak FCS team as local alumni would not even go.
    The reality and obviously the powers at be don't have the balls to do it. But play the UND game in Minneapolis. That way you have both alumni bases buying tickets. Make it an EVENT, if at Target field have a post game concert. If you are smart play the game at US Bank Staduim.

If you sell 10 or 15k tickets to UND fans so what. The money goes to NDSU. This really is not a novel ideal. Playing your arch rival at an usual site? Look at Gopher Sioux hockey in Vegas. Why do you play a game like that? Money. Playing a game like this is a money maker for the NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    The reality and obviously the powers at be don't have the balls to do it. But play the UND game in Minneapolis. That way you have both alumni bases buying tickets. Make it an EVENT, if at Target field have a post game concert. If you are smart play the game at US Bank Staduim.

If you sell 10 or 15k tickets to UND fans so what. The money goes to NDSU. This really is not a novel ideal. Playing your arch rival at an usual site? Look at Gopher Sioux hockey in Vegas. Why do you play a game like that? Money. Playing a game like this is a money maker for the NDSU.
    UNI would draw
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    UNI would draw
    Yes. Uni would draw. Play them in a year they are not on the conference schedule.

Yes. Uni would draw. Play them in a year they are not on the conference schedule.
    They are always on the schedule, one of the teams we will play every year
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    UNI would draw

UNI would never draw as well as UND for a game like this.

I would be surprised if UNI would bring 7-8K.

What do you think the goal of this is? Simply filling seats?

They've already hinted that it likely won't be UND. I think they already have the opponent in mind and just need all the details to come together. You don't do a stunt like this without all the pieces in place.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    There is a reason they came to the Gopher games; it was a B1G game. And I don't think 10-15K will come from Fargo as we don't get 10-15 K to come to Brookings and there are plenty of seats!
    Yeah but it's in Brookings. Only so many people will travel to a city who's biggest attraction in the backside of a scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    They've already hinted that it likely won't be UND. I think they already have the opponent in mind and just need all the details to come together. You don't do a stunt like this without all the pieces in place.
    Or they are just trying to throw us off the scent. ???

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    This whole idea is grasping for something to replace the fact NDSU's football venue is stuck at 19,000 for a long time. Lame attempt since no big game to go with a medium sized (baseball) venue 250 miles away from home. Wish this stupid idea would just go away.
    Nothing against you in particular, SDbison... I met you once at a tailgate and you seemed to be an alright guy, but I wish your lame attitude would go away.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    What do you think the goal of this is? Simply filling seats?

Isn't the goal to make money and expand the brand?

I know they mentioned it would not be UND. I said if you want to fill the place, play UND. We are the home team, sell tickets to UND fans, NDSU makes money on it.

As for UNI on an off year. Don't we not play one team in the valley each year? We didn't play Illinois State last year.