Page 34 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    But you dont know it doesnt. Look at what Matt Larson said. It alludes to some of my conclusions.
    No I don't. And believe me I've understood your thoughts on this all along, and you've brought up some very valid points.

Two points I'll make.

1. I was wrong when Game Day came the first time. I thought it was stupid that they picked downtown and it wasn't. It was awesome. So I am going to use that as a learning experience and have more of an open mind on this.

2. I think they are very early in the conversation and they throw the idea it there to judge the reaction of the fan base through different channels (emails, phone calls, conversations, Bisonville, etc.). I also think it is more likely than not that it happens since they have put it out there.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

You can have them.
    Done deal!

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    I must have missed a few things in the one and only article I've seen written about this idea of Larsen's. Did they already release a home schedule for the year this game is happening? Have they named the opponent already? Have we already seen the setup for a football game to be held at Target Field, and has the game already happened there and it just had to suck because baseball stadium?
    Have you ever watched a FB game in a BB stadium?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Watched basketball in a hockey arena for two years.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    No I don't. And believe me I've understood your thoughts on this all along, and you've brought up some very valid points.

Two points I'll make.

1. I was wrong when Game Day came the first time. I thought it was stupid that they picked downtown and it wasn't. It was awesome. So I am going to use that as a learning experience and have more of an open mind on this.

2. I think they are very early in the conversation and they throw the idea it there to judge the reaction of the fan base through different channels (emails, phone calls, conversations, Bisonville, etc.). I also think it is more likely than not that it happens since they have put it out there.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
    For me I thought the Downtown for Gameday was great. I couldnt understand why many here wanted it on campus.

I am not all out against the game if certain parameters are met. I just dont understand the blind-yippee a game in the cities.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Watched basketball in a hockey arena for two years.
    Pretty good seats.
    But BB stadium and FB dont go together. Its one of the reasons you dont see that option very often anymore.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nope, watched a hockey game at a football stadium before though. Felt like I was a mile away, froze my butt off, and couldn't care less about who was playing. But I still had fun, and I can at least say I did that once. I'd love to watch the Bison play a football game at Target Field, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought it was a possibility. It's fine PL, if you want to focus on the things we're going to miss out on or have to sacrifice as fans then by all means go ahead. I'm going to make the most of it and enjoy it because it's unique and an event, and not just another home game at the Fargo Dome. Have you seen a football game in a baseball stadium?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Playing home games in another state is not something new. Syracuse plays home games in the Meadowlands every few years and Penn State has done home games in NJ in it the past too. I think they always had big name opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Nope, watched a hockey game at a football stadium before though. Felt like I was a mile away, froze my butt off, and couldn't care less about who was playing. But I still had fun, and I can at least say I did that once. I'd love to watch the Bison play a football game at Target Field, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought it was a possibility. It's fine PL, if you want to focus on the things we're going to miss out on or have to sacrifice as fans then by all means go ahead. I'm going to make the most of it and enjoy it because it's unique and an event, and not just another home game at the Fargo Dome. Have you seen a football game in a baseball stadium?
    Numerous times ,so yes I do have that experience to make that call. So I just dont understand the excitement to see the Bison play at that venue. Whats the appeal? Your wildest dreams? Really? I dont get it.
    But I do understand that our preferences differ. Your preference is to just be in the building. Mine are way different when traveling. Plus it looks like we may lose a home game so other considerations come in to play as well. Another difference is I dont look at it as just another game in the Fargo Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Why would one think tickets would be only $40???
    Single game tickets at Minnesota vs Iowa start at $90 up to $190 each at TCF. Oklahoma tickets start at $85 vs K-State (if you can find one) in Norman. Colorado / Washington State tickets are $40 to $225 each in Boulder. Playing a real "FBS" type team would bring with it increased ticket prices that might seem like a bargain depending on the opponent. Getting a quality opponent would be the real trick and it seems unlikely anything other than a MAC-type school would be interested.
    $90 a ticket? That is pretty spendy. Especially considering you need to get hotels and travel expenses. I can afford it but I know man people who can't. Would price out half my crew.

If this was a home game in Fargo that's one thing but traveling is expensive. Not to mention many people in my tailgating crew works. Need time off on a weekend overnight trip to Minneapolis.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 09-26-2016 at 12:41 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com