Page 33 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    The more I think about this idea, the more I dislike it. I am all for thinking out of the box, but this is just a really bad idea. Think about it:

1. You can't get a FBS team to do it which would be the only good reason.
    2. You don't want to lose a home game.
    3. You can't lose a potential huge home field advantage to a Valley team.
    4. And, if it is a really crappy non-con game against like a Morgan St., no one will come.

This whole thing needs a good flushing unless an FBS game.

I agree 100% It looks good on the surface but when you really look below the surface the shine comes off pretty quick.

I trust you will be sending Larson an email in this regard? I know I will.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Gopher field in this pic but it shows what it would look like...

Tailgating in the outfield during the game and I'm in.

Still don't understand the opposition to this

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Still don't understand the opposition to this
    Why does anyone want to lose a home game and have to drive to the cities to watch a crappy team in a baseball stadium?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Why does anyone want to lose a home game and have to drive to the cities to watch a crappy team in a baseball stadium?
    The Bizon are not crappy!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You're making the assumption that NDSU would loose a home game. It's possible they'd still have 6 home games plus the Target Field game. Also making the assumption it would be a crappy team. It probably won't be an FBS team but its still possible to get a Villanova, JMU or someone else from the east as part of a home and home.

The other thing that I think a lot of people on here tend to forget, the people who post here are probably a little more hardcore than your average fan. There are a lot of people, like my wife, who only see a game at Target Field and are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    You're making the assumption that NDSU would loose a home game. It's possible they'd still have 6 home games plus the Target Field game. Also making the assumption it would be a crappy team. It probably won't be an FBS team but its still possible to get a Villanova, JMU or someone else from the east as part of a home and home.

The other thing that I think a lot of people on here tend to forget, the people who post here are probably a little more hardcore than your average fan. There are a lot of people, like my wife, who only see a game at Target Field and are interested.
    But you dont know it doesnt. Look at what Matt Larson said. It alludes to some of my conclusions.

Any game the Bison play at Target Field would likely come off their home schedule, so they would need to make sure the contest generates appropriate revenue. The Twins, too, would need a slice of that pie.

Larsen said the earliest the game could happen would be 2018 because the Bison have just one open date in 2017 and "we're getting close to filling that." He would not speculate on possible opponents because he wants to make sure the game is going to happen before moving ahead with anything else.

ESPN gives viewers an 'All-Access' look into NDSU football team

Some possible scenarios can be erased, however.

The opponent will not be the University of North Dakota in 2019, currently scheduled for the Fargodome on Sept. 7 of that year. Sources told me many feel that is a game that needs to be played in North Dakota. Larsen confirmed UND would not be the opponent.

It won't be the University of Minnesota, even if the Gophers were willing to schedule NDSU after losing to the Bison in 2007 and 2011. The Big Ten conference has told its members to not schedule teams from the Football Championship Subdivision, the second level of Division I.

And it's not likely to be an FBS opponent of any kind, given the Bison's success against the bigger schools. NDSU defeated highly-ranked Iowa last weekend, its sixth straight victory over an FBS team.

"After what happened last Saturday, scheduling an FBS team is probably not going to happen," Larsen said.

In the end, the opponent is probably less important than the venue. The NDSU Alumni Foundation web site lists the Twin Cities metro area as having the second-largest base of NDSU graduates behind Fargo-Moorhead. A game at Target Field could sell out regardless of who the Bison play.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I must have missed a few things in the one and only article I've seen written about this idea of Larsen's. Did they already release a home schedule for the year this game is happening? Have they named the opponent already? Have we already seen the setup for a football game to be held at Target Field, and has the game already happened there and it just had to suck because baseball stadium?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

But you dont know it doesnt. Look at what Matt Larson said. It alludes to some of my conclusions.
    if you dont go. I'll take your tickets

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    if you dont go. I'll take your tickets
    You can have them.