Page 24 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    This thread is an interesting read. A strong opponent at a neutral site would be a good ticket seller given all of the alumni in the Twin Cities. The other interesting aspect is the apparent belief that football games are somehow exclusive for season ticket holders at what is presently too small of a venue in Fargo and that season ticketers would or should be the only ones headed to the game. This would not have to be a "home" game for either team but most likely opponent that could treat this similar to NDSU would be UNI given Cedar Falls proximity to MSP area.
    UNI makes the most sense weither they're a strong recruiting rival or not. It still would make it more unique instead of a Missouri State or East Tenn St. Doesnt stop Oklahoma and Texas from playing in Dallas. Florida-Georgia in Jacksonville. One time deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd890 View Post
    Good post Jay as that post was rediculous. I love the "I don't agree with you so you must not be as good a fan as I am" response.

This is one of the smartest things that Matt Larsen has tried to do. Recruiting, Appeal to the cities alumni base for one game, recruiting, fund raising,continued national attention and also recruiting. I am willing to give up a weekend in the West lot for this and drive 4 hours. Would be interested to see the revenue projections for us for Playing at TF vs a home game. This is an opportunity to continue to grow our brand...plain and simple.
    The funny thing is PL got most of those wrong about me LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    There is zero upside for us playing a game in the Twin Cities.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Completely disagree. It would be amazing if the twin cities could become a home away from home for the bison. The Fargo dome is too small for the fan base, so I'd be all for one home game every other year in the cities. Would create an opportunity for more fans to attend, plus an opportunity to attract some new fans.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Even though I am kind of meh on the game until details of an opponent emerge, I am glad we have an AD who gets it and is willing to think outside the box and understands Minnesota is our #1 market. We gotta remember the 2006 Gophers game was a huge turning point in Bison history. But like I said before... It's all about the opponent. Even casual fans in the Twin Cities could care less about a shitty opponent

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Completely disagree. It would be amazing if the twin cities could become a home away from home for the bison. The Fargo dome is too small for the fan base, so I'd be all for one home game every other year in the cities. Would create an opportunity for more fans to attend, plus an opportunity to attract some new fans.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Were you at either Gopher game or the Kansas Bball game? Minneapolis is absolutely hands down home away from home. It is the 2nd largest concentration of alumni outside of Fargo, and I'm far from the only Bison clad vehicle driving 4 hours East 6 Saturday's a year.

There will be a sponser, ML is smart enough to not alienate season ticket holders with this, smart enough to know this needs to be a big opponent, etc. Like someone said earlier (Tony?) think of every long term goal we have for NDSU and come up with a legitimate reason that this doesn't do anything but help all of those. This does remind me a lot of the GameDay to downtown announcement, let's step off the ledge and enjoy this. I know my friends are, I already have 10 season ticket holders planning on staying at my house for this so the excitement is there.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think it is intriguing. I see TCF mentioned as what some fans would like considered. I don't think that will ever happen. The goofers don't have enough self-confidence to sign off on that one. I agree with some that it has to be an opponent from a different recruiting footprint. Maybe even a funbelt school if the money could work.

Some of the things I would like to see:
    1. It can't cost NDSU any money. There better be some return financially. Not just selling the game as a payback to alum or a recruiting bit. I am not saying the game has to be a financial windfall, just make sure it can reasonably pass the break-even point.
    2. Target field should be big enough season ticket holders can be taken care of first. Just going by points should still get every season ticket holder into the game.
    3. There has to be a decent sponsor tie in. The school cannot count on ticket buyers to completely fund this and expect both a turnout and a profit.
    4. I am not a fan of gimmicks, but I don't have a problem with branching out to allow more accessibility. I hope there will be some research by the marketing department this would draw people.
    5. With the lightrail, there will be opportunities for tailgating.

I am not overly excited about this but I am not against it either. I don't see the twin cities as being the Bison's home away from home. There just isn't many alternatives to reach out and have a stadium with the capacity in a community with Bison alumni as a focal point. If Bismarck was a large city with a 40k seat stadium, I think you could sell that in a heartbeat to everybody. The Bismarck Bowl and the 5k some capacity isn't going to cut it.
    I don't think this would be a problem. There are plenty of companies would spend some money to put their name on a game like this. They may not pay the $5-$10 million or more that Chick Fil A or the other neutral site games pay, but other companies would pay less. Heck, one of my friends works for Hy-vee and he told me that they are opening many new stores in the twin cities over the next few years. This would be an opportunity to expand their name. (I am not sayting they would/will be a sponsor; I am using them as an example).

Depending on when the game was, I could see NDSU getting 40,000 plus fans at a game in the Twin Cities no problem - especially if the game was over a long weekend and there was another game going on at the same weekend.

No way this is a conference game and no way this would be uni. And who cares if its a crap opponent? Its about the event even more then the game. When we played ferris state, were people less excited because of the opponent? No, people partied and tailgated and had a blast at the game. I dont expect or care if casual fans want to go to the game. There are enougj Bison fans from Fargp, from minnesota, and from minneapolis that would fill target field and be a great time. Play Butler or some other team we would beat, Bison fans party and celebrate a win at a game with the most Bison fans at a game in history!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

How many people go to NDSU night at Target Field to watch a shitty Twins team?

It's about excitement, exposure, uniqueness and of course the Bison.

If people don't get the best seats, tailgating spots and have to drive in the cities, so be it...They don't have to go.

I'm fairly confident it will still sell out and be a success.

And if people withhold their donations and not renew their season tickets, were they really fans anyway?

Let's get it done...I don't care if they play Drake or Wisconsin, I think this would be awesome.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    How many people go to NDSU night at Target Field to watch a shitty Twins team?

It's about excitement, exposure, uniqueness and of course the Bison.

If people don't get the best seats, tailgating spots and have to drive in the cities, so be it...They don't have to go.

I'm fairly confident it will still sell out and be a success.

And if people withhold their donations and not renew their season tickets, were they really fans anyway?

Let's get it done...I don't care if they play Drake or Wisconsin, I think this would be awesome.
    4,000 and many bitched they didn't know about it and couldn't go. I drove 7 hrs each way to go to that. Twins got smoked but it was a blast!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bring in App. State or Georgia Southern and I may change my mind on this.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I have all of these and this is a great idea. Further expose NDSU to more people. Just last night a group of us talked about this. I am the only season ticket holder in the group. The other 5 guys said they would go and bring momm and kids along to see the game. Opponent was the only tricky part. I think many non season ticket holders would go. Heck 3 guys went to Iowa with me and none of them are season ticket holders. I am planning two other road trips for them to go with.
    You miss the context of my post because you dont know the person I was responding to.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."