Page 23 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    There is zero upside for us playing a game in the Twin Cities.

what a complete moronic thing to say. 50% of ndsu is mi nesotans. 50% of all athletic recruits amd alumni are from minnesota

NDSU IS A REGIONAL SCHOOL. ACT LIKE IT
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Completely disagree. It would be amazing if the twin cities could become a home away from home for the bison. The Fargo dome is too small for the fan base, so I'd be all for one home game every other year in the cities. Would create an opportunity for more fans to attend, plus an opportunity to attract some new fans.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Holy shit, the sky isn't falling. Schools play games in neutral field stadiums all the time. Lafayette and Lehigh played at Yankee Stadium. SFA and Sam Houston play in Reliant Stadium or whatever it's called now.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    You know the alumni association will pull through
    Sure. Why not.
    Good post Jay as that post was rediculous. I love the "I don't agree with you so you must not be as good a fan as I am" response.

This is one of the smartest things that Matt Larsen has tried to do. Recruiting, Appeal to the cities alumni base for one game, recruiting, fund raising,continued national attention and also recruiting. I am willing to give up a weekend in the West lot for this and drive 4 hours. Would be interested to see the revenue projections for us for Playing at TF vs a home game. This is an opportunity to continue to grow our brand...plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Completely disagree. It would be amazing if the twin cities could become a home away from home for the bison. The Fargo dome is too small for the fan base, so I'd be all for one home game every other year in the cities. Would create an opportunity for more fans to attend, plus an opportunity to attract some new fans.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    There is a ton of upside but only if the opponent is right. I'm still not that excited about Target Field. TCF or the Vikings Stadium would truly be awesome.. People just want to see the Vikings Stadium because it's new and tough to get tickets

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

This is a great idea!!!

I would support this 100%

Quote Originally Posted by jub1982 View Post
    There's going to be a huge amount of in-state opposition if this is billed as an NDSU home game played in Minneapolis. The SBHE already is going after Brescani, this will give them more ammunition.
    i want to laugh but it wouldn't surprise me

I think it is intriguing. I see TCF mentioned as what some fans would like considered. I don't think that will ever happen. The goofers don't have enough self-confidence to sign off on that one. I agree with some that it has to be an opponent from a different recruiting footprint. Maybe even a funbelt school if the money could work.

Some of the things I would like to see:
    1. It can't cost NDSU any money. There better be some return financially. Not just selling the game as a payback to alum or a recruiting bit. I am not saying the game has to be a financial windfall, just make sure it can reasonably pass the break-even point.
    2. Target field should be big enough season ticket holders can be taken care of first. Just going by points should still get every season ticket holder into the game.
    3. There has to be a decent sponsor tie in. The school cannot count on ticket buyers to completely fund this and expect both a turnout and a profit.
    4. I am not a fan of gimmicks, but I don't have a problem with branching out to allow more accessibility. I hope there will be some research by the marketing department this would draw people.
    5. With the lightrail, there will be opportunities for tailgating.

I am not overly excited about this but I am not against it either. I don't see the twin cities as being the Bison's home away from home. There just isn't many alternatives to reach out and have a stadium with the capacity in a community with Bison alumni as a focal point. If Bismarck was a large city with a 40k seat stadium, I think you could sell that in a heartbeat to everybody. The Bismarck Bowl and the 5k some capacity isn't going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    do i like everything about frisco? No, but i still go. Do i like everything about tailgating and playing games at the fargodome? No, but i still go. Do i like everything about this proposal? No, but i would still go, because bison, that's why.
    do you even wear yellow???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I have all of these and this is a great idea. Further expose NDSU to more people. Just last night a group of us talked about this. I am the only season ticket holder in the group. The other 5 guys said they would go and bring momm and kids along to see the game. Opponent was the only tricky part. I think many non season ticket holders would go. Heck 3 guys went to Iowa with me and none of them are season ticket holders. I am planning two other road trips for them to go with.
    But but they're not going to take season ticket holders/TeamMakers into account. /Purple