Page 21 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    GFY I said gangstas and thugs. Not black people.

If downtown Fargo had the same crime rate as downtown Minneapolis, they would call it an epidemic. It has a higher crime rate than Philly. Last year they only had 50 murders. I don't think there have been 50 murders in Fargo in the last half century.
    Oh he mad now

There's going to be a huge amount of in-state opposition if this is billed as an NDSU home game played in Minneapolis. The SBHE already is going after Brescani, this will give them more ammunition.

Do I like everything about Frisco? No, but I still go. Do I like everything about tailgating and playing games at the FargoDome? No, but I still go. Do I like everything about this proposal? No, but I would still go, because Bison, that's why.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd go. Don't care who the opponent is. I've been to target field and I've been to us bank, and I prefer target field. Granted, a baseball park wouldn't be ideal for a football game, but I can get behind this outside three box thinking.

I also understand the concerns brought up by PL, CAS and others. The last twins game I went to I walked in an area that was a bit unsavory. It was right by the homeless shelter. I haven't had any other issues and now I know to avoid that area next time.

As someone with a young child (and probably another one at least on the way) by the time this game happens, it's really not ready to get to the big away games. Sure, I'd love to have gone to k-state, and Iowa and the past few years down to Frisco. But the reality was it wasn't worth the hassle. A game down in the twin cities is much more doable.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

I haven't read all the posts (on the road at a conference), but from reading the article-

I have to imagine that there are 0 serious FBS possibilities for 2018 and 2019 after we beat Iowa, so NDSU may do what Alabama does - play a neutral site game in seasons that there is no FBS game in order to increase revenue to the maximum possible.

Target Field could open the door to US Bank Stadium games, where NDSU could make just as much or more money compared to guaranteed games.

The only catch is trying to get teams that would be interesting to the fans. However, I personally don't care who we would play, I would go to every game in the Twin Cities due to travel convince and locations of friends.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good grief, I put on my hip waders and still couldn't make it through all the BS.

If this happens I'll go. Target field is an awesome facility and even though the sightlines aren't ideal for football it will still be a fun time. And likely a lot frickin' easier to get my entire family in the door than at the Fargodome.

I'd go.....

September 1st, 2018: Larsen will switch the order of the home/away with Delaware. 9-1-18 = @Delaware and 2019 @NDSU.
    September 8th, 2018: NDSU vs Wisconsin at Target Field.
    September 15th: BYE WEEK.
    September 22nd: NDSU @ Northern Illinois.
    September 29th: South Dakota State @ THE NEWLY RENOVATED 31,000 seat Fargodome.

This gives them an extra month to finish the renovations.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    September 1st, 2018: Larsen will switch the order of the home/away with Delaware. 9-1-18 = @Delaware and 2019 @NDSU.
    September 8th, 2018: NDSU vs Wisconsin at Target Field.
    September 15th: BYE WEEK.
    September 22nd: NDSU @ Northern Illinois.
    September 29th: South Dakota State @ THE NEWLY RENOVATED 31,000 seat Fargodome.

This gives them an extra month to finish the renovations.
    Is Siouxvolley your brother? purple
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Good grief, I put on my hip waders and still couldn't make it through all the BS.

If this happens I'll go. Target field is an awesome facility and even though the sightlines aren't ideal for football it will still be a fun time. And likely a lot frickin' easier to get my entire family in the door than at the Fargodome.
    Yeah, exactly this.

Besides, Think of any crazy long-term goal you have for NDSU. Now ask yourself, could this help get us there or not?