Page 20 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    See I disagree a bit there. I think there is enough Intrigue and Alum base in the MPLS area that they jump at a chance to see a game not matter the opponent. Plus despite some saying they will never go, that number is low.

I also think as I stated over and over, NDSU makes it a spectacle....pushing the urge to go even more.

To the actual game it should be a lamb or a G5 team. We dont want to give any of our recruiting battles any unnecessary exposure ....gotta make it all about NDSU
    If its a tomato can I can with honesty say my enthusiasm just lost 50 points on a scale of 100. Big alumni gathering? It lost its steam the 3 rd time around against the goofs. I went to all 3. Noticeable difference. I dont think this is a slam dunk unless the pull in a good team to play. I mean would you go to Mpls to watch Missouri State? And if we lost a home game over that? But I have to believe our AD is smarter than that.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    See I disagree a bit there. I think there is enough Intrigue and Alum base in the MPLS area that they jump at a chance to see a game not matter the opponent. Plus despite some saying they will never go, that number is low.

I also think as I stated over and over, NDSU makes it a spectacle....pushing the urge to go even more.

To the actual game it should be a lamb or a G5 team. We dont want to give any of our recruiting battles any unnecessary exposure ....gotta make it all about NDSU
    Using NDSU football in the same context as "spectacle" ??? Enough said!! Hate it!! NDSU football is neither a spectacle nor a circus.

That's what this is IMO.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Using NDSU football in the same context as "spectacle" ??? Enough said!! Hate it!! NDSU football is neither a spectacle nor a circus.

That's what this is IMO.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Oh you mean its a gimmick?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    If successful, I could see this being semi-annual.
    Twice a year?
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

"If" this happens, I believe it will be a home and home deal with a respectable FBS program. For some odd reason, my gut feeling tells me the Bison will be taking on:

If not, maybe a home and home with these guys:

Hail the BISON!!!

Wow! Lots of opinions on this. That's fair, I suppose. Something different always riles up some folks. Doesn't hurt to talk about it though.

For season ticket holders... Consider that we could play this game and still have 6 home games in a 12 game year. Then you don't "lose" anything.

For anyone who doesn't want to go to a game in Mini-no-place, consider that you don't have to. Maybe this game isn't for you, just like you may not travel to Macomb, IL for a game. But there is a pretty large alumni base in the cities, and there are probably a fair number of semi-casual fans in the area as well who may attend a game.

It's also easier to get to for individuals like me who live out of state and have to fly in for games, and then have to scrounge to find tickets in the sold out Fargodome.

This game, if played, won't please everyone, but it doesn't have to. If it pleases a different crowd than season ticket holders, so be it. That's not necessarily a bad thing (especially if it can be done while keeping six home games to keep the season ticket holders happy).

Baseball stadium probably wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm sure it's way cheaper than USBank. And if well planned, might be okay.

I'd probably come.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Do you have season tickets? No
    Do you have a tailgate set up? No
    Do you pay for reserved parking? No
    Is there tailgating at target? No
    Do I want to watch a FB game in a BB stadium? No

Of course you dont understand.
    I have all of these and this is a great idea. Further expose NDSU to more people. Just last night a group of us talked about this. I am the only season ticket holder in the group. The other 5 guys said they would go and bring momm and kids along to see the game. Opponent was the only tricky part. I think many non season ticket holders would go. Heck 3 guys went to Iowa with me and none of them are season ticket holders. I am planning two other road trips for them to go with.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This thread is an interesting read. A strong opponent at a neutral site would be a good ticket seller given all of the alumni in the Twin Cities. The other interesting aspect is the apparent belief that football games are somehow exclusive for season ticket holders at what is presently too small of a venue in Fargo and that season ticketers would or should be the only ones headed to the game. This would not have to be a "home" game for either team but most likely opponent that could treat this similar to NDSU would be UNI given Cedar Falls proximity to MSP area.

I know it would not be a Championship game. But a question I have for season ticket holders and non-season ticket holders it, How many non season ticket holders go to Frisco each year. We have 12,000 season tickets. Of the people that have traveled with me to Frisco more than 50% are not season ticket holders. They want to see a game and also party. This game to some degree would be looked at as the same thing. I welcome all to come along and enjoy the ride that is Bison Football. Come one come all. Lets have a party.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Wow! Lots of opinions on this. That's fair, I suppose. Something different always riles up some folks. Doesn't hurt to talk about it though.

For season ticket holders... Consider that we could play this game and still have 6 home games in a 12 game year. Then you don't "lose" anything.

For anyone who doesn't want to go to a game in Mini-no-place, consider that you don't have to. Maybe this game isn't for you, just like you may not travel to Macomb, IL for a game. But there is a pretty large alumni base in the cities, and there are probably a fair number of semi-casual fans in the area as well who may attend a game.

It's also easier to get to for individuals like me who live out of state and have to fly in for games, and then have to scrounge to find tickets in the sold out Fargodome.

This game, if played, won't please everyone, but it doesn't have to. If it pleases a different crowd than season ticket holders, so be it. That's not necessarily a bad thing (especially if it can be done while keeping six home games to keep the season ticket holders happy).

Baseball stadium probably wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm sure it's way cheaper than USBank. And if well planned, might be okay.

I'd probably come.
    This ^^^^^^

Exactly how I feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.