Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

This is a great idea, especially to use as a special event for alumni with no potentially no FBS games for a while.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm lukewarm on it. I don't like the idea of giving up a home game and the seating configuration would be goofy to say the least. However, it would be great exposure in an incredibly lucrative market for NDSU so worth the effort IMO.
    I am with you I would rather not drive 8 hours...But if it helps the program...OK

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Sounds great and all that but have you ever watched a football game in a baseball stadium? It sucks.

Plus Im not in favor of losing a home game for a gimmick.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Another plus is if they're able to sell out Target Field that would probably catch the attention of the folks at US Bank stadium... and lead to potential opportunities down the road...

On a somewhat related note I can't imagine this would make anyone at the Gopher athletic department overly giddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Does it matter?
    Yes. It would have to count as an away game IMO.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

They have to have an opponent in mind. I wonder who it is.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Meh--taxing the pure and local fanbase too much IMO. Don't like the idea at all. All you people who bitch about teammaker members need to realize that most of us don't have unlimited $$ to donate AND spend a shit ton on traveling to watch the team. Maybe I'm an outlier, but this does nothing for me other than I'll miss a game that I could and would otherwise attend.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Target Field? Boooooo! For the sole reason of losing mojo rubbing off on our Bison.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Target Field? Meh. Great for baseball but meh for football. Why not TCF or the Vikings Stadium?
    And it can't be against Delaware State or some schmuck team. Gotta give season ticket holders dibs too

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is a great idea and needs to happen. Larsen is trying to capitalize on the momentum and I love that. The "giving up a home game" claim doesn't hold water. This will nearly sellout with Twin Cities alumni alone. Get a high caliber FCS opponent with name recognition like Sam Houston, Montana, etc. and this event will be a huge success. (Please no Incarnate Word, PV A&M type teams)