Page 19 of 158 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They gotta come up with a good opponent. Last time was easy it was the goofs. Chip on shoulder stuff, Big 10 etc etc. I dont think any other school other than UND would have the fans to travel to the cities to help fill it. Of course you arent going to need 40k seats because you dont use all of them when you put in a FB field.
    See I disagree a bit there. I think there is enough Intrigue and Alum base in the MPLS area that they jump at a chance to see a game not matter the opponent. Plus despite some saying they will never go, that number is low.

I also think as I stated over and over, NDSU makes it a spectacle....pushing the urge to go even more.

To the actual game it should be a lamb or a G5 team. We dont want to give any of our recruiting battles any unnecessary exposure ....gotta make it all about NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They gotta come up with a good opponent. Last time was easy it was the goofs. Chip on shoulder stuff, Big 10 etc etc. I dont think any other school other than UND would have the fans to travel to the cities to help fill it. Of course you arent going to need 40k seats because you dont use all of them when you put in a FB field.
    Get me a MAC or Sunbelt opponent and put it in TCF or the Vikings Stadium and I will be excited. But give me an FCS game in Target Field and it does nothing for me. I would probably go but I wouldn't be any more excited than playing Delaware State at home.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I think it was more along the lines of people here being opposed to change and something different. Id bet it would sell out or get close as long as we are still winning. Not to mention if the opponent were UNI they'd bring some too. Its a unique opportunity for FCS schools. NDSU is one of the few that could make this happen.
    I say keep UNI out of this....way out of this. by playing them in MPLS you make them relevant. Yes they are relevant, but no need to help them in that regard

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Get me a MAC or Sunbelt opponent and put it in TCF or the Vikings Stadium and I will be excited. But give me an FCS game in Target Field and it does nothing for me. I would probably go but I wouldn't be any more excited than playing Delaware State at home.
    Agreed.....I'll even walk you back to your hotel...CMON that was funny!
    Last edited by MAKBison; 09-24-2016 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Agreed.....I'll even walk back to your hotel...CMON that was funny!
    OK maybe just a little lol

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I don't think anyone is pissy about this. I know I'm not. I just disagree it a good idea and don't like DT MPLS. That's all. Not pissy at all.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Well its always hard to tell how peeps feel when they are behind a keyboard, but I get the feeling some are pissy.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I think it was more along the lines of people here being opposed to change and something different. Id bet it would sell out or get close as long as we are still winning. Not to mention if the opponent were UNI they'd bring some too. Its a unique opportunity for FCS schools. NDSU is one of the fee that could make this happen.
    Thats the way you want to categorize it when there is opposition regardless if valid concerns or points are brought forward. It has nothing to do with with change of something different. ex put the game in the vikings stadium against Iowa in a rematch. Thats something different is it not? You dont have to do squat. That game would sell its self. Putting a FB game in a BB stadium already takes the shine off. Will we lose a home game? Nobody would care if its against Iowa right? You getting this yet?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I'll worry about it if it happens
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    OK maybe just a little lol
    LOL......I am out. got kiddy FB in the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I say keep UNI out of this....way out of this. by playing them in MPLS you make them relevant. Yes they are relevant, but no need to help them in that regard
    I think playing UNI would be unique, but if we were still at the top of FCS don't think the opponent would matter. I think we could still get it close to a sellout no matter the opponent.