Page 18 of 158 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Sounds like a cop out...I think you should go ahead and explain how I am theoretically wrong....maybe we all learn something.

I will admit, the percent may indeed be higher but I bet its not drastic (when adjusted for real population)
    Isolate the area for crime rate--it's not that difficult really.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Earlier you said we could get close to 50k?? Now it's half empty.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...57#post1155557
    We couldnt bring 50k to Frisco even if they had the capacity.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We already get our picks of players who don't go Power 5. Playing a shitty team in a baseball stadium that's half empty won't suddenly make us bigger than the Gophers. The Twin Cities media won't even cover it.
    True but ever once in awhile you gotta change it up! I said from the beginning travel to MPLS and back sucks, losing a Home game sucks, and playing in BB park really sucks. But to keep the product brand top of mind and to do something different that acheives those goals.... I can get with it. that is every once in a while

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Isolate the area for crime rate--it's not that difficult really.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Cas I am not asking how to do it, I know how to do it. I am saying if you do that and adjust for real population one will most likely find that DT MPLS and DT Fargo are not all that different.

I am also saying that the 12 blocks of DT MPLS where all the action is, is pretty well policed (Commerce has a tendency to ensure that). YOU cant say MPLS is high crime and then attribute the entire crime rate of MPLS to a 12 block area in MPLS ( actually you might be able to, but I doubt it works out that way for what we are arguing over). That is like saying all the crime that happens on/in the south 32 area is the same as that in Rose Creek. ( I LOL when i wrote that Cause I am sure there is more crime in Rose Creek just not the kind we care to police)

Now, maybe we will find out that Most of the crime does happen DT MPLS. Like I said that is probably not the case...Again commerce! Then there is the real population to consider....percent of crime committed against the number of folks in the area. finally, as I stated, I experience DT MPLS all the time. I have been there a few days every month for 7 years. I gotta trust what I see. I dont see a lot of crime thugs and or gangsters. Its clean and vibrant.

Had to add a bit more.....this is kinda like the BLM argument that Cops shoot and kill Black men disproportional than anyone else. That is pure BS... when one looks at the real encounter numbers, White men are killed at a higher rate. Yes, its true that more black men are killed statically, but you have to adjust for the number of encounters. Sorry we were just talking about this today and As I was sitting here it seemed to fit.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 09-24-2016 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    We couldnt bring 50k to Frisco even if they had the capacity.
    I agree too far out of our footprint

True but ever once in awhile you gotta change it up! I said from the beginning travel to MPLS and back sucks, losing a Home game sucks, and playing in BB park really sucks. But to keep the product brand top of mind and to do something different that acheives those goals.... I can get with it. that is every once in a while
    I think we all get it . But what are we going to give up? Granted we dont know any of the particulars and dont know if its really going to happen. Theres pros and con on both sides.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think we all get it . But what are we going to give up? Granted we dont know any of the particulars and dont know if its really going to happen. Theres pros and con on both sides.
    That is just the thing...why are folks getting all pissy about this? I bet they make it a huge Alum deal. If its just a game in a BBpark it will be lame.

That is just the thing...why are folks getting all pissy about this? I bet they make it a huge Alum deal. If its just a game in a BBpark it will be lame.
    They gotta come up with a good opponent. Last time was easy it was the goofs. Chip on shoulder stuff, Big 10 etc etc. I dont think any other school other than UND would have the fans to travel to the cities to help fill it. Of course you arent going to need 40k seats because you dont use all of them when you put in a FB field.

I don't think anyone is pissy about this. I know I'm not. I just disagree it a good idea and don't like DT MPLS. That's all. Not pissy at all.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    His response was typical of "progressive" thinkers. Attack in a way that they think will make you feel badly rather than any substance on real point of contention.

Sent from my iPhone.
    I think it was more along the lines of people here being opposed to change and something different. Id bet it would sell out or get close as long as we are still winning. Not to mention if the opponent were UNI they'd bring some too. Its a unique opportunity for FCS schools. NDSU is one of the few that could make this happen.