Page 14 of 158 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    A great location? Have you been there, whether recently or not. Downtown MPLS sucks. Hate it.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Downtown Minneapolis is a cess pool of losers, thugs, and gang violence. I went to a Twins game a few years ago and wanted to walk back to my hotel. Bad idea I must have turned at the wrong street because I was suddenly in gangsta central. Kind of freaky when it's just you and your wife surrounded by thugs, bananas, and you see a guy getting choked out on the street and nobody even stops to help. Of course last time Kolpack was in downtown Minneapolis he got knocked out right in front of a hotel and he didn't even see it coming. Not my idea of fun
    Last edited by HerdBot; 09-24-2016 at 07:25 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

This sounds more like St. Peters idea than Larsons. Twins are losing money left and right with the shitty product they are fielding so they need more events at TF.

I'd much prefer a game in US Bank stadium then this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Downtown Minneapolis is a cess pool and gang violence. I went to a Twins game a few years ago and wanted to walk back to my hotel. Bad idea I must have turned at the wrong street because I was suddenly in gangsta central. Kind of freaky when it's just you and your wife and thugs are intentionally trying to bump into you and you see a guy getting choked out on the street and nobody even stops to help. Of course last time Kolpack was in downtown Minneapolis he got knocked out right in front of a hotel.
    Gabe for the past 7 years, I am there a few days a month every month (right down town) and I have never had an issue. The area is clean and vibrant. Now I did watch the trump protest (his last fundraiser) and that was a bit different. Lets just say the BLM crew was not on its best behavior...but I digress. Plenty of the folks I work with live right DT. You must have ventured off the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    What's the seating capacity for that.....??
    Depends how may elephants and lion cages

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This sounds more like St. Peters idea than Larsons. Twins are losing money left and right with the shitty product they are fielding so they need more events at TF.

I'd much prefer a game in US Bank stadium then this idea.
    This came to mind when I read it, but dismissed it. Wouldn't he contact Und since they are a turning worm and have such a good team?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    This came to mind when I read it, but dismissed it. Wouldn't he contact Und since they are a turning worm and have such a good team?
    They actually host a ton of None BB stuff. Been there a few times for Banquets. Been in the dugoutsl the beer room press box etc. Its a pretty cool space

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Gabe for the past 7 years, I am there a few days a month every month (right down town) and I have never had an issue
    Just because you have never had a problem that's not a reason to dismiss the alarming violent crime rates. Ask Jeff Kolpack

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    What? You never been to the cities before?
    No. Tell me all about it

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Even with a decent opponent its still a gimmick.
    gimmick
    noun
    1. an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    A great location? Have you been there, whether recently or not. Downtown MPLS sucks. Hate it.

Sent from my iPhone.
    How is downtown Minneapolis a clusterfuck? How does it suck?

Dt mpls is awesome....how do u not have a good time when there? Can't think of the last time I've hated it.