Page 122 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1572

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to work one of these myself properly the first few times. So not sure why we hammer the next generation on the rotary. Definitely is a laugh though!

Attachment 8872
    I don’t think it would be possible to employ one of these today. It would require a human operator. As a test I just dialed 0 on my very smart iPhone XR. No human on the other end of that call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I don’t think it would be possible to employ one of these today. It would require a human operator. As a test I just dialed 0 on my very smart iPhone XR. No human on the other end of that call.
    I think I get it. Just like when you dial a business and you get a recording of an endless menu and then a message saying your call is very important to them.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I think I get it. Just like when you dial a business and you get a recording of an endless menu and then a message saying your call is very important to them.
    Okay, what were you calling Matt Larson about THIS time. You do know that he probably has caller ID, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Okay, what were you calling Matt Larson about THIS time. You do know that he probably has caller ID, don't you?
    Erroneous assumption I think. He and ML only talk on the burner phones just in case.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This started off as a conversation about playing at Target Field.....drifting.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    This started off as a conversation about playing at Target Field.....drifting.
    To sum up:
    The Bison will play Butler at Target Field in late August of 2019.
    There are still lots of tickets available.
    There are lots of places to stay in Minneapolis and the surrounding metropolitan area.
    There are many places to park and methods to arrive at the stadium without parking on premise.
    Doubtful there are any tailgating opportunities near the field.

You think there is some new info regarding the game at Target Field at this point? I’m all ears Grasshopper...

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    WTF do you mean? It's a@@hole comments like this that are ruining the internet.
    WTF - I know that one..."Why the face".

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to work one of these myself properly the first few times. So not sure why we hammer the next generation on the rotary. Definitely is a laugh though!

Attachment 8872
    I vaguely remember a rotory phone as a kid and I remember using them a few times. I would get a kick out of using one.

But its completely understandable since were 2 generations removed from households with a landline phone and the advantanced touch tone with a cordless phone crowd made fun of the rotory back then. I haven't had a landline since the late 90s or early 2000s.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

You would probably have a hard time deploying a rotary phone as well. I think most telecoms dropped support for pulse dialing.

To sum up:
    The Bison will play Butler at Target Field in late August of 2019.
    There are still lots of tickets available.
    There are lots of places to stay in Minneapolis and the surrounding metropolitan area.
    There are many places to park and methods to arrive at the stadium without parking on premise.
    Doubtful there are any tailgating opportunities near the field.
    You think there is some new info regarding the game at Target Field at this point? I’m all ears Grasshopper...
    Excellent summary Master Po.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Putt View Post
    You would probably have a hard time deploying a rotary phone as well. I think most telecoms dropped support for pulse dialing.
    When all else fails I hear there are still 100,000 of these around with about 20,000 in NY.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix