Page 114 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1572

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Anyone have any numbers as to how many tockets have been sold?
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Anyone have any numbers as to how many tockets have been sold?
    Judging from the seat map and the number of unavailable sections/seats I'd say north of 30k at this point.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Judging from the seat map and the number of unavailable sections/seats I'd say north of 30k at this point.
    It’s a good opportunity for a large amount of alumni in the twin cities area to see a game and get together. It’ll be a fun day for those that can make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larsen has referred to "opportunities like the target field game" as FBS game alternatives in the future. On a handful of occasions the athletic department has stated that they are looking to add, what I would call "spectacle" games likes this...

What other games would they be looking at? Like for real? do you think that a Non Con cupcake each year will be played at Target field? UN_ "away game" at TF or the zigi? something else entirely? I'm excited to go to this game but does anyone know what the "other" opportunities they may be looking at?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Larsen has referred to "opportunities like the target field game" as FBS game alternatives in the future. On a handful of occasions the athletic department has stated that they are looking to add, what I would call "spectacle" games likes this...

What other games would they be looking at? Like for real? do you think that a Non Con cupcake each year will be played at Target field? UN_ "away game" at TF or the zigi? something else entirely? I'm excited to go to this game but does anyone know what the "other" opportunities they may be looking at?
    Doesn't seem geographically possible. Maybe US Bank field but since Minneapolis is the closest place, that might be it. Could be taking it on the road to another destination but who knows? Sounds purely speculative to me.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I believe you can look at games like this, at neutral sight stadiums, on years when there is 12 games in the schedule. Don't know when the next 12-game season is.

Other than that, I think our scheduling philosophy stays the same: 4 conference home games, 4 conference away games, 1 "cupcake" at home, an FCS home and home series with our home game in the year we schedule an FBS = 6 home games, 5 away games. If no FBS game that year, then 2 home cupcakes and an away game at a home and home series = 6 home games, 5 away games.

I mentioned in the thread about the NCA&T game that would be a good game to have in the US Bank stadium. The HBCU's travel really well and I'd think a game like that in MSP would be a big draw. Lots of Bison alumni in the area, easy to get to from any major city, etc. Something like that or maybe try to get a H/H deal with an FBS team where our game is down there might be an option too. I think it would only happen on a year with 12 games though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I mentioned in the thread about the NCA&T game that would be a good game to have in the US Bank stadium. The HBCU's travel really well and I'd think a game like that in MSP would be a big draw. Lots of Bison alumni in the area, easy to get to from any major city, etc. Something like that or maybe try to get a H/H deal with an FBS team where our game is down there might be an option too. I think it would only happen on a year with 12 games though.
    What I think will happen is this:

When NDSU cannot get any Power 5 takers (because lets face it, except for a select few group of 5 teams, most of them won't pay us to come beat them), NDSU will look at doing these neutral site games as our "road games".

I think that NDSU may even sign a "home and home" with a FCS team that is in close proximity to a major venue that would be willing to play NDSU like this. Maybe JMU (Landover, Maryland), or a SWAC team in New Orleans or Atlanta.

The next 12 game seasons are (2019) then 2024, 2025, 2030, 2031, 2036, 2041, 2042, 2047, 2052, 2053, 2058, 2059, 2064, 2069.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    What I think will happen is this:

When NDSU cannot get any Power 5 takers (because lets face it, except for a select few group of 5 teams, most of them won't pay us to come beat them), NDSU will look at doing these neutral site games as our "road games".

I think that NDSU may even sign a "home and home" with a FCS team that is in close proximity to a major venue that would be willing to play NDSU like this. Maybe JMU (Landover, Maryland), or a SWAC team in New Orleans or Atlanta.

The next 12 game seasons are (2019) then 2024, 2025, 2030, 2031, 2036, 2041, 2042, 2047, 2052, 2053, 2058, 2059, 2064, 2069.
    I will be 102 years old in 2069 count me in. I would assume Road will be going as well.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I will be 102 years old in 2069 count me in. I would assume Road will be going as well.
    I was thinking the same thing. I'll be 97 so giddy up!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯