Page 67 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Apparently some people break wood over the thought of going to Minneapolis. I don't consider myself to be a world traveler but Minneapolis isn't on my top 100,000 list of places I want to see before I die. There's a reason I choose to live in Fargo and in the lakes area.

But that is just my opinion. I'm probably wrong
    Ok dont go then.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Apparently some people break wood over the thought of going to Minneapolis. I don't consider myself to be a world traveler but Minneapolis isn't on my top 100,000 list of places I want to see before I die. There's a reason I choose to live in Fargo and in the lakes area.

Maybe it's not about you. Maybe it's about marketing to the 50K alumni who live in Minneapolis and college football fans who want to cheer for a real team.

I guess, I'd just say that, Cleveland wasn't real high on my list either, but I visited there because I like baseball and the Twins and I wanted to get to all the stadiums. I've been to 28 of them now and for whatever reason that Cleveland trip is still near the top of the list. Places surprise you sometimes.

On the other hand, Dallas, TX didn't surprise me in the least. At least the games in Frisco have been compelling.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Maybe it's not about you. Maybe it's about marketing to the 50K alumni who live in Minneapolis and college football fans who want to cheer for a real team.
    I don't disagree with that. I'm just not excited to go to Minneapolis. I lived there for a year and I didn't like it. I've been to Target field plenty of times.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Ive talked to many who think the opponent is the deal breaker and they also think the BB stadium is a bad idea and they dont want to lose a home game.
    But there is 18k without season tickets dying to go to bison games. Push Minneapolis folks.

Also when the band wagon starts moving, you going? Hey you going? Oh shit I better go so I don't have FOMO.....

(Fear of missing out)

See ya at target field.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    But there is 18k without season tickets dying to go to bison games. Push Minneapolis folks.

Also when the band wagon starts moving, you going? Hey you going? Oh shit I better go so I don't have FOMO.....

(Fear of missing out)

See ya at target field.
    If its not a good opponent I probably wont go. Ive seen my share of football in baseball stadiums and I dont like it. If youre that starved to see a Bison game then this game is for you
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

If its not a good opponent I probably wont go. Ive seen my share of football in baseball stadiums and I dont like it. If youre that starved to see a Bison game then this game is for you
    Well it has been 30k want season tickets, only 12k get, so there are 18k that are starved for bison football. Plus in looking at the lay out, would one sideline and endzone be right against the stands? So seems to me most of the seats would be good seats.

Plus when you go to target field, US bank, you just go watch the big scene and drink beer. Oh hey, twins staduim, beer sales. Hopefully NDSU keeps concessions.

Out of curisousity, where you watch all the football games at a baseball field?

Well it has been 30k want season tickets, only 12k get, so there are 18k that are starved for bison football. Plus in looking at the lay out, would one sideline and endzone be right against the stands? So seems to me most of the seats would be good seats.

Plus when you go to target field, US bank, you just go watch the big scene and drink beer. Oh hey, twins staduim, beer sales. Hopefully NDSU keeps concessions.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post

Off the top of my head Wrigley field, Milwaukee County Stadium, The old Met in the cities and a few more.,

And no it wont be right next to the sideline. At least from what Ive seen there will be more space between the seats and sidelines that what you think.

We will see how starved they are to pay inflated tickets prices to watch a tomato can.

But hey you drink enough beer and you wont care what the sight lines are you can just watch it on the scoreboard.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

t. I'm just not excited to go to Minneapolis..
    This^^^^^^. I really don't want to lose a home game for it.