Page 15 of 158 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    This came to mind when I read it, but dismissed it. Wouldn't he contact Und since they are a turning worm and have such a good team?
    Did you forget the purple?

They want to sell tickets. If they wanted losers they could just stick to the Twins!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Just because you have never had a problem that's not a reason to dismiss the alarming violent crime rates. Ask Jeff Kolpack
    Well gabe experiencing DT MPLS a few days every month for the past 7 years and having co workers who live DT who I talk to ever day.....Yeah, it kinda puts me in position of knowing. Look I am not trying to diminish your experience, I am just saying I feel safe. The area is clean, vibrant and a guy can have a ton of fun. The one downside is that it is kinda $$$$ tho. Gotta love per diem.

Kolpeck Not saying he deserved it as no one deserves to be assaulted. But seeing how big his head is, he may no longer be a good example.

Just because you have never had a problem that's not a reason to dismiss the alarming violent crime rates. Ask Jeff Kolpack
    Did he tell someone they're not Scottie Miller and got his ass kicked?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If you replace their tickets with comparable seats it will take some of the sting out. But the last time I was at target I didnt see any tailgating. Some live for it.
    I do live for it and I would get over it.

I spend a LOT of time hanging out and walking around downtown at late night hours. Sure, there is crime, but there is crime in any city downtown. There have been incidents in Fargo too, does that mean it's unsafe and a cesspool on Broadway? Not at all.

You were probably walking down 7th St on the City Center side of the street because there is a bus stop there. So scary. Walk on the other side of the street or use 6th St if it bothers you that much to be surrounded by black people, er excuse me "gangstas".

Typical naysayers right now that always push down any good idea. Some saying the donors will be pissed...have you thought maybe some of the donors are behind this? Plus, if you won't support NDSU doing this, where do your allegiances lie? You are really going to get sour grapes over this shit so much that you would cry and not go? Please. Get over yourself. You not going only hurts NDSU...do you really want to do that? Fine, if you can't afford it, no hard feelings. Sour grapes is a BS excuse, especially when I know you drive all over PL. If you don't like downtown, stay in the burbs and take the damn train.

Seriously get over yourselves. You know damn well if NDSU schedules this game, some of you will be the first people starting the "Roll Call thread". Don't let your ego and selfishness get in the way of what might be best for NDSU and the program. Don't you at least trust that Larsen will look at the cost/benefit of doing such a game? You think he's going to be so shortsighted to not ask the donors? C'mon. Have some damn faith.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Did he tell someone they're not Scottie Miller and got his ass kicked?
    I was thinking that, but was trying to be nice :-)

Jesus Christ. 10 years ago some drunk guy punches JK and now downtown Minneapolis is a gang infested cesspool? You serious Clark? Saying shit like that contributes as much as anything to the backwards reputation people get pissed about ND having.

If I didn't know better I'd say ESPN was bringing GameDay to Fargo but doing it from downtown.

All you people who want growth and change and more exposure, etc. for NDSU, but are pissed at the mear thought of doing something that seems the slightest bit unorthodox to you to acomplish that need to slow down and think. There is no way we do this and give up a home game without getting some piece of the revenue and at a minimum us teammakers/season ticket holders get first dibs if not having it built in to the package somehow. They'll do something that makes sense. Back away from the ledge and take this for what it is.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not sure if I like it, but fuck those of you not willing to give up 1 home game. You don't even know that a home game was guaranteed in the first place. Get off your ass and go enjoy a night in Mpls you lazy fucks.

Finally, Gameday to Minneapolis!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    A great location? Have you been there, whether recently or not. Downtown MPLS sucks. Hate it.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Yep, been there quite a few times, but never for a Bison game at Target Field. That's the game changer for me in this entire conversation. I really don't care about how much a downtown sucks or how big the tailgate will be before hand. I go for the opportunity to see the Bison play a football game in a setting that is exciting for the players, the school, and most fans like myself. You think I cared how cool Iowa City or Missoula was before I traveled to those games? Nope, not in the least.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Haha @the last few responses. The rebuttals should be great