Page 45 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I read SD's post two pages ago about us being stuck with 19k for a long time, and it got me to thinking. Crazy idea here, but what if ML would use the attendance numbers as proof we need a bigger stadium...a chess move if you will. Is that part of the plan, or is it just to get more exposure in the cities? Am I giving them too much credit? I think ML is a sharp guy...if they have any plans to ever try to replace the Fargodome, this would be a good first move. I'm probably grasping at straws, though...
    There's several reasons to do it. I don't think it's any one thing they are trying to do, but that could be part of it. Although I would think the current waiting list and scalper prices would be evidence enough. It's political suicide right now to publicly suggest a new stadium, so maybe just showing it this way would get the media to start the conversation.

I read SD's post two pages ago about us being stuck with 19k for a long time, and it got me to thinking. Crazy idea here, but what if ML would use the attendance numbers as proof we need a bigger stadium...a chess move if you will. Is that part of the plan, or is it just to get more exposure in the cities? Am I giving them too much credit? I think ML is a sharp guy...if they have any plans to ever try to replace the Fargodome, this would be a good first move. I'm probably grasping at straws, though...
    Could be trying to tap into Minneapolis TV market as well. Would be nice to get a deal done so every game is shown down there. If that could happen, helps open up FBS opportunities due to a larger TV market. Again, grasping at straws. Haven't commented in this thread so my two cents is I like the idea. Fun atmosphere for a game. Sure, you're not as close, but it's about the experience anyway. Give season ticket holders an opportunity to purchase the amount of tickets they currently hold for a home game, then open it up after that.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

I didn't know we were thinking that might not be part of the plan. For both possible future dome expansion/replacement, and FBS conferences to say see we can capture the Minneapolis TV market so you're not getting only Fargo.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

I wondered this on page 1. There's definitely more to this than just a game in the cities.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

I'm for it. It'll help energize the alumni base in the cities and give an opportunity to others who might want to see a Bison game but couldn't either make it to Fargo or get tickets to games in the FFD. My only thought is that it's definitely going to sell out if the capacity is around 40K so why not have it at US Bank instead? Might not sell out there but we could get 50K pretty easily if it's a solid opponent, especially like SDSU, UND or UNI.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I'm for it. It'll help energize the alumni base in the cities and give an opportunity to others who might want to see a Bison game but couldn't either make it to Fargo or get tickets to games in the FFD. My only thought is that it's definitely going to sell out if the capacity is around 40K so why not have it at US Bank instead? Might not sell out there but we could get 50K pretty easily if it's a solid opponent, especially like SDSU, UND or UNI.
    Can't give up a home game for that!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Yeah but it's in Brookings. Only so many people will travel to a city who's biggest attraction in the backside of a scoreboard.
    Yeah I wouldn't compare this to a road game

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Because they want it at Target Field. Not sure who's idea it was first though.

A lot of people are bringing up the "we shouldn't give up a home game for this" argument. I agree that is a valid concern. Wondering if those who think this have thought of the following. In 2019 we can play a 12 game regular season schedule. Currently, NDSU has home games scheduled with UND and Butler, and a road game with Delaware. Since the chances of scheduling an FBS for 2019 are slim to none, that means we could schedule another FCS game. Would more people be on board with this if there were 6 games in the dome and 1 game as well at target field? I think this would calm people down a little.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Do we have to play 12 games in 2019? Man...with the playoffs...that's a lot of football.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.