Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    This is a great idea and needs to happen. Larsen is trying to capitalize on the momentum and I love that. The "giving up a home game" claim doesn't hold water. This will nearly sellout with Twin Cities alumni alone. Get a high caliber FCS opponent with name recognition like Sam Houston, Montana, etc. and this event will be a huge success. (Please no Incarnate Word, PV A&M type teams)
    You list your location as Minneapolis... I would want it too if I lived there

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Meh--taxing the pure and local fanbase too much IMO. Don't like the idea at all. All you people who bitch about teammaker members need to realize that most of us don't have unlimited $$ to donate AND spend a shit ton on traveling to watch the team. Maybe I'm an outlier, but this does nothing for me other than I'll miss a game that I could and would otherwise attend.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Great point. For folks that travel from West of Fargo that means more $$$ out of our pockets. If it were WI at the new Vikes stadium that would be cool.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Target Field? Meh. Great for baseball but meh for football. Why not TCF or the Vikings Stadium?
    And it can't be against Delaware State or some schmuck team. Gotta give season ticket holders dibs too
    Cause you can fill TF?.? Plus it seems we have a connection.... there again.?.?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Cause you can fill TF?.? Plus it seems we have a connection there again.?.?
    I think we could get pretty close depending on opponent. 50k capacity. The idea is to tap into new fans and expand right. Why does it have to sell out?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I do agree that part of it is a bit of a gimmick but you are doing it to attract some attention to the game. Not sure how the sightlines would be but Target would probably be better then most baseball stadiums because it is a very compact stadium.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You list your location as Minneapolis... I would want it too if I lived there
    Correct. And I'm not saying this should be an every year thing. But a one time event to capitalize on all of this exposure that NDSU has been receiving, I would be all for it no matter where I lived.

Gopher field in this pic but it shows what it would look like...

NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Gopher field in this pic but it shows what it would look like...

Have you ever been to a FB game in a BB stadium?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    This is a great idea and needs to happen. Larsen is trying to capitalize on the momentum and I love that. The "giving up a home game" claim doesn't hold water. This will nearly sellout with Twin Cities alumni alone. Get a high caliber FCS opponent with name recognition like Sam Houston, Montana, etc. and this event will be a huge success. (Please no Incarnate Word, PV A&M type teams)
    Completely agree with you and Student. I would be surprised if we get ANY new FBS games scheduled in the immediate future. If we can't get yearly FBS games, this would be an awesome alternative. Would be exciting, awesome exposure in the cities, rub it in to the Goofs, what's not to love about it?

I think we could get pretty close depending on opponent. 50k capacity. The idea is to tap into new fans and expand right. Why does it have to sell out?
    Perception!