Page 87 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

This actually reminds me of the NHL games they play outdoor each year. The fans sit about 1.5 miles from the ice and the entire setup looks dumb as sh-t, hardly a decent seat in the house. Why wasnt this booked for TCF stadium on an off Gopher weekend instead. It seats 40K AND its designed to watch a football game. If your star struck by Target Field have the Bison Baseball team schedule a game next spring... We (bison fans) spend our time trying to defend ourselves as a D1 program but think playing in a baseball stadium is something special?? OH WELL I guess, may as well take all that Revenue out of the Fargo area and put it in the pockets of the Twin Cities businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    This actually reminds me of the NHL games they play outdoor each year. The fans sit about 1.5 miles from the ice and the entire setup looks dumb as sh-t, hardly a decent seat in the house. Why wasnt this booked for TCF stadium on an off Gopher weekend instead. It seats 40K AND its designed to watch a football game. If your star struck by Target Field have the Bison Baseball team schedule a game next spring... We (bison fans) spend our time trying to defend ourselves as a D1 program but think playing in a baseball stadium is something special?? OH WELL I guess, may as well take all that Revenue out of the Fargo area and put it in the pockets of the Twin Cities businesses.
    One more time, THE MINNESOTA TWINS APPROACHED NDSU TO PLAY AT TARGET FIELD

They would not have approached them to play at TCF stadium. This game was already on the books, at the Fargodome.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    One more time, THE MINNESOTA TWINS APPROACHED NDSU TO PLAY AT TARGET FIELD

They would not have approached them to play at TCF stadium. This game was already on the books, at the Fargodome.
    We play 5-6 games per year at home in a community and area that loves its football and its revenues. The city of Fargo has many businesses that cater to that program and look forward to those game day revenues, but NO, Lets take our dollar to the Twin Cities area to play a game, away from Fargo, on a baseball field, during baseball season, in a facility that has no design features what-so-ever for a football game. WOW, I bet the the Target Field authority Commission high fived this offer behind closed doors.

It reminds me of high school football kids that get to play where the Vikes play in the state Playoffs (I get that). Oh Wait! even they get to play in a FOOTBALL facilityLMAO

How do bison fans count to five? "one, one-a, three, four, five

If this game was being played in Fargo, it would be another ho hum game that wpuld be a fun tailgate for a season opener followed by a boring game where we won easily. With the game at Target field, you do get the easy win, but get ao much more. One of the best things about traveling to an FBS game or Frisco is the experience. Seeing fellow Bispn fans on the road, in local bars and restaurants, in the tailgate; that is what you will get here. The local watering holes around Target field that day, and in downtown MSP in general that weekend will be awesome. Then going to game with close to 40k Bison fans will be something historic to experience. I get it that some people think its tacky to play a football game in a baseball stadium, or that the opponenet isnt that great. In the end, its still Bison football.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

We play 5-6 games per year at home in a community and area that loves its football and its revenues. The city of Fargo has many businesses that cater to that program and look forward to those game day revenues, but NO, Lets take our dollar to the Twin Cities area to play a game, away from Fargo, on a baseball field, during baseball season, in a facility that has no design features what-so-ever for a football game. WOW, I bet the the Target Field authority Commission high fived this offer behind closed doors.

It reminds me of high school football kids that get to play where the Vikes play in the state Playoffs (I get that). Oh Wait! even they get to play in a FOOTBALL facilityLMAO
    We will very likely take home $1,000,000 for a game against BUTLER, and we get a stage right in the heart of maybe our most fertile recruiting area. I guess I am not understanding why this makes you angry. We're not taking away EVERY game in fargo, we are taking 1 out of potentially 9 home games and making it over twice as lucrative monetarily as the Iowa game.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Hopefully its a nice warm day so the infield gravel sticks to the sweaty players as well. Hopefully Twins players will autograph baseballs for all the participants of the game and put their arms around them for quick photo's to send home to MOM and DAD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    We will very likely take home $1,000,000 for a game against BUTLER, and we get a stage right in the heart of maybe our most fertile recruiting area. I guess I am not understanding why this makes you angry. We're not taking away EVERY game in fargo, we are taking 1 out of potentially 9 home games and making it over twice as lucrative monetarily as the Iowa game.
    Well that makes it all better than;;;; We are gonna play a football game, against a basketball school, in a baseball stadium!!! Instead of a football game, against a basketball school (im cool with Butler), in a football stadium. There are two football stadiums in the Twin Cities the last time I checked.

Hopefully its a nice warm day so the infield gravel sticks to the sweaty players as well. Hopefully Twins players will autograph baseballs for all the participants of the game and put their arms around them for quick photo's to send home to MOM and DAD!!!
    No one is forcing you to go. Stay at home. The rest of us will have a great time. So arw you saying you wont even watch the game because its being played in a baseball stadium? That would be an odd thing for a Bison football fan to do.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Me! Me! Me! Our "fanbase" has way too many of these types of followers.

Don't like it? Don't watch. Nobody will care.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.