Page 81 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    If this is true, then it is time to let the G5 conferences know we are looking for an invite. We have nothing more to accomplish at this level.
    Completely agree, it is past time to move up. The FCS is mostly complete trash, I was watching the WIU game and pretty much said to myself WTF are we doing here....Time to get the ball rolling.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yep. we could be like UCF, for only double our current athletic budget. Who is writing those checks?
    Same negative comment as was made about the move from DII to DI FCS. Seems NDSU made that move OK.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Same negative comment as was made about the move from DII to DI FCS. Seems NDSU made that move OK.
    Going from 15 million to 30 million was hard AF but gave us the resources to be at the top of the divison.

Going from 30 million to 60 million is impossible and gives us the resources to be near the middle. Sounds awesome, doesn't it?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    What’s there to accomplish at the G5 level? Have a great season and get invited to the Frisco Bowl?

Unless the CFP expands or the G5 makes their own National Championship, the quality of football sucks and costs more money to do it.

Plus there’s that problem of G5 conferences (at least MW) not being interested in adding NDSU.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Here is what NDSU would accomplish moving to FBS:
    Move on to where NDSU really belongs.
    More competition than what is available in FCS.
    Possibly more opportunity to play FBS teams.
    Ability to grow and not stagnate.
    NDSU gets the respect they deserve and not just considered the overachieving FCS team.
    And so on........

Going from 15 million to 30 million was hard AF but gave us the resources to be at the top of the divison.

Going from 30 million to 60 million is impossible and gives us the resources to be near the middle. Sounds awesome, doesn't it?

Dont conflate difficult with "impossible". It would be very difficult, but verifiably not impossible. the question is, would it be TOO difficult which is what we leave up to the administration and Matt Larson Etc.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Not this shit again.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

yeah I wish we were playing a differnt team- but our NonCon next year is actually pretty stacked so I am glad we have this game to start the season. I think its very cool to have the game in the cities- a lot of positives about this, I just wish it could have been a different opponent.

I'm definitely going- hopefully making a weekend out of it with the state fair etc.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

so we can go there and accomplish nothing of note either except burn through millions of dollars?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    What’s there to accomplish at the G5 level? Have a great season and get invited to the Frisco Bowl?

Unless the CFP expands or the G5 makes their own National Championship, the quality of football sucks and costs more money to do it.

Plus there’s that problem of G5 conferences (at least MW) not being interested in adding NDSU.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Yes, I understand all of the pitfalls of going FBS, as does everyone else on this board. I am looking at it from a level of competition standpoint. Every year we basically sleep walk through the season and playoffs on the road to another national championship. Many (not all) fans are starting to get bored/complacent with the whole thing. I know myself and most of my Bison buddies are not following the team nearly as intensely as we have in the past. I think over the long haul, fan support will start to diminish if we stay on the current path we are on. I think by playing a P5, or possibly multiple P5 schools, every season, we will generate more excitement for our program. Also, by moving up, the regular season games should become more competitive, thereby generating more fan excitement as well.

Listen, I used to be dead set against leaving the FCS for all of the reasons you guys have made very clear, the biggest downfall is of course playing in a no name bowl at the end of the season, but if we have a good enough season in a G5 conference, we would be rewarded with playing a P5 school in a bowl game which would generate as much, if not more, fan interest as a FCS national championship. I think the tradeoff in going from FCS to FBS is the biggest games and most excitement will come at the beginning of the season vs. the end of the season, but, overall, moving up, IMO, will generate more fan interest and support, for the future, than the path we are currently on.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Yes, I understand all of the pitfalls of going FBS, as does everyone else on this board. I am looking at it from a level of competition standpoint. Every year we basically sleep walk through the season and playoffs on the road to another national championship. Many (not all) fans are starting to get bored/complacent with the whole thing. I know myself and most of my Bison buddies are not following the team nearly as intensely as we have in the past. I think over the long haul the fan support will start to diminish if we stay on the current path we are on. I think by playing a P5, or possibly multiple P5 schools, every season, we will generate more excitement for our program. Also, by moving up, the regular season games should become more competitive, thereby generating more fan excitement as well.

Listen, I used to be dead set against leaving the FCS for all of the reasons you guys have made very clear, the biggest downfall is of course playing in a no name bowl at the end of the season, but if we have a good enough season in a G5 conference, we would be rewarded with playing a P5 school in a bowl game which would generate as much, if not more, fan interest as a FCS national championship. I think the tradeoff in going from FCS to FBS is the biggest games and most excitement will come at the beginning of the season vs. the end of the season, but, overall, moving up, IMO, will generate more fan interest and support, for the future, than the path we are currently on.
    so you watch MAC and sun Belt games regularly then i would assume?

Back in the early 2000's I believe NDSU went from something closer to 7 million to 15 million dollars. Adjusted for today's dollars that is a still a big jump. Not sure the jump has to be anywhere near where you are talking. Also, I don't think NDSU is quite up to 30 million yet.