Page 126 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1572

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Is it unrealistic to try and sell out Target Field? I would think fans would show up in droves for this game. What is the capacity there?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Is it unrealistic to try and sell out Target Field? I would think fans would show up in droves for this game. What is the capacity there?
    Google says: 39,504
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    It will be difficult considering the opponent, I would think. They aren't going to bring many fans...or a competitive team.

That said, it still may end up being the most Bison fans to ever attend a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Google says: 39,504
    I believe the Alumni Association feels there are ~ 10k of us alums down here - many of whom no doubt own lake homes and will be drawn to those on the last three day weekend of the all too short summer. I sold mine though so I’ll be at Target Field. Had I not sold it I would have been at the lake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I believe the Alumni Association feels there are ~ 10k of us alums down here - many of whom no doubt own lake homes and will be drawn to those on the last three day weekend of the all too short summer. I sold mine though so I’ll be at Target Field. Had I not sold it I would have been at the lake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I got a buddy at the Lake driving in for the game then back to the Lake. I hope more do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I got a buddy at the Lake driving in for the game then back to the Lake. I hope more do the same!
    I ended up buying 32 tickets all in the same section. A fair number (10-12) of us will be golfing in the metro area on Friday. My buddy is in charge of lining that up for us.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    They aren't going to bring many fans...or a competitive team.
    It's going to take a lot to convince me that's not the point of this game. They've given NDSU fans a game in early season weather, at an easily drive able location from Fargo, in a stadium where capacity should be unconstrained for us and on a long weekend so most shouldn't have work as an excuse even though we'll lose some because of the holiday as well. This is going to be as good of a study in what the demand for NDSU football really is as we can get, and if you don't think it will be a big data point in any future stadium or FBS considerations, you're dead wrong.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    It's going to take a lot to convince me that's not the point of this game. They've given NDSU fans a game in early season weather, at an easily drive able location from Fargo, in a stadium where capacity should be unconstrained for us and on a long weekend so most shouldn't have work as an excuse even though we'll lose some because of the holiday as well. This is going to be as good of a study in what the demand for NDSU football really is as we can get, and if you don't think it will be a big data point in any future stadium or FBS considerations, you're dead wrong.
    Exactly. Either way the attendance of this game will be brought up to lobby for or against a venue with greater capacity.

A 2:30 kickoff home game for me generally means leave Minneapolis between 8:00 and 8:30, get to Fargo by noon, tailgate, watch the game, drive home, and have the kids in bed by 8:30 or 9:00. There is no reason anyone in lake country can't do the same here and still have the rest of their weekend at the lake.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

I think many of us are doing this, or driving from the farm to the game and back to the farm! It’s very doable!