Page 127 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1572

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    A 2:30 kickoff home game for me generally means leave Minneapolis between 8:00 and 8:30, get to Fargo by noon, tailgate, watch the game, drive home, and have the kids in bed by 8:30 or 9:00. There is no reason anyone in lake country can't do the same here and still have the rest of their weekend at the lake.
    Depends on what you mean by “lake country”. Mine was on the north shore of Lake Superior - 3 hrs 15 minutes one way from my place here on the west edge of Hennepin County. No way I would drive six hours down and back for a two hour event when I could easily stream the same event and simultaneously pull a couple of lines out for salmon. No way. Perhaps your alternative to making that eight hour drive up and back is just not that appealing.

I MIGHT have been inclined to delay going up north until after the game but that would have depended on the near shore forecast for the big lake. She only lets you fish when she feels like it and a fifteen mph wind from the wrong direction can quickly become life and death there. In recent history for a working stiff who is constrained to weekends the number of good salmon fishing opportunities in a given year are not much more numerous than the number of Bison Football National Championships per year. I would have been far more tempted to spend a weekend making the eight hour drive back and forth to Fargo when I had no plan to be at the lake than to rob part of a three day weekend to drive back to the very place I am trying to escape from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

It's going to take a lot to convince me that's not the point of this game. They've given NDSU fans a game in early season weather, at an easily drive able location from Fargo, in a stadium where capacity should be unconstrained for us and on a long weekend so most shouldn't have work as an excuse even though we'll lose some because of the holiday as well. This is going to be as good of a study in what the demand for NDSU football really is as we can get, and if you don't think it will be a big data point in any future stadium or FBS considerations, you're dead wrong.
    I can't imagine using data for a pud game against a pud team in a pud stadium. We won't be looking to get into an FBS conference with teams resembling Butler, we won't be looking at constructing an outdoor stadium to play in, and we certainly won't be putting up this new stadium in Minneapolis.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

It's going to take a lot to convince me that's not the point of this game. They've given NDSU fans a game in early season weather, at an easily drive able location from Fargo, in a stadium where capacity should be unconstrained for us and on a long weekend so most shouldn't have work as an excuse even though we'll lose some because of the holiday as well. This is going to be as good of a study in what the demand for NDSU football really is as we can get, and if you don't think it will be a big data point in any future stadium or FBS considerations, you're dead wrong.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Maybe if this works out they'll just throw up some bleachers around Newman field. Walla instant outdoor stadium. /Purple

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I can't imagine using data for a pud game against a pud team in a pud stadium. We won't be looking to get into an FBS conference with teams resembling Butler, we won't be looking at constructing an outdoor stadium to play in, and we certainly won't be putting up this new stadium in Minneapolis.
    If this is a pud stadium I'd hate to think what you'd call the Fargodome.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If this is a pud stadium I'd hate to think what you'd call the Fargodome.

Its a pud stadium for a football game. For baseball its great.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thanks for saying that PL. Now I don't have to.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Thanks for saying that PL. Now I don't have to.
    If you're playing on it maybe but as a fan I think it'll be a pretty good place to enjoy either. Numerous good and unique concessions offered. Views of the field from all concourses. Lots of affordable suite and club seating options. Great backdrop of the Minneapolis skyline. Plenty of entertainment options before and after the game in the area. And of course they sell beer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If you're playing on it maybe but as a fan I think it'll be a pretty good place to enjoy either. Numerous good and unique concessions offered. Views of the field from all concourses. Lots of affordable suite and club seating options. Great backdrop of the Minneapolis skyline. Plenty of entertainment options before and after the game in the area. And of course they sell beer there.
    Oh NO !!! NOT THE DREADED BEER ??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Oh NO !!! NOT THE DREADED BEER ??!!!
    So this will sort of be like a field test, right? A 'dry run' if you will?