Page 118 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1572

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Now you are into that's bananas territory. Try again.
    Reminds me of the DEFCON ratings: from a high of "Crazy" to "Bananas" to "Nuts" to "Odd" to "I doubt it."

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Where are most people planning on staying?
    We have reservations at the Normandy Inn. It's within walking distance of Target Field and US Bank Stadium so it's our favorite place for attending games.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Downtown I'd guess. That's where our whole crew is staying. The alumni association also sent out a list of downtown hotels with room blocks at special rates until early August: https://www.ndsualumni.com/2019/ndsu-vs-butler-hotels

I was able to book a room at the Westin downtown with a $90/night bid on Priceline. If you look on Priceline or anywhere else for a specific hotel downtown you won't find anything under $100 (and plenty over $200) but hotels are also going to have increased demand since, along with all us Bison fans rolling in, the Minnesota State Fair is happening at the same time as well.

If you do Priceline's name your price or Hotwire you can't choose a specific hotel, just an area and a star rating but anything in downtown Minneapolis should be walking distance from Target Field at that time of year. That's also non-refundable as well unless you pay extra for "insurance" (which doesn't include you just deciding to cancel because you want to).
    I've tended to use Priceline's express deal. I get lower prices and I've always been able to figure out exactly what hotel I was choosing. You just had to look at the review rating and the number of reviews and round down.

For example, I pulled up Priceline for that weekend and sorted for 3* hotels. I see a 3.5* for $102. It's got an 8+ rating and 100 reviews. So I scroll further and see the Radisson Red is a 3.5* rated at 8.4 with 110 reviews. Bingo. At least I know what I'm getting ahead of time. Might not save as much money, but I'm the type of person who likes to know what I'm getting and will pay a little extra for that comfort.

Sorry if everyone already knows this "trick".

(I'm not coming to the game or staying at the hotel I listed; just used it as an example of how to figure out what you're getting.)

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you don’t want to pay for downtown prices, then you could stay near the Mall of America for a bit cheaper and plan to take the blue line. For about $4 you can easily ride downtown both ways. It goes right to Target field and is easy to hop on and hop off of. There is free tran parking by the Mall of Anerica.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    We have reservations at the Normandy Inn. It's within walking distance of Target Field and US Bank Stadium so it's our favorite place for attending games.
    We didn't take many vacations when I was a kid but Minneapolis in the summer for Valley Fair and a Twins game were very common. We almost always stayed at the Normandy. I loved it because it meant I was going to a Twins game!

I'm willing to bet a large percentage of the attendees for this game live in the Twin Cities and will stay at home. Some of them may normally travel to Fargo for regular season games, but most probably see this as an opportunity to see the Bison play and hang with other alumni. This game is as much about developing alumni in the Twin Cities area as it is playing a football game.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    We didn't take many vacations when I was a kid but Minneapolis in the summer for Valley Fair and a Twins game were very common. We almost always stayed at the Normandy. I loved it because it meant I was going to a Twins game!

I'm willing to bet a large percentage of the attendees for this game live in the Twin Cities and will stay at home. Some of them may normally travel to Fargo for regular season games, but most probably see this as an opportunity to see the Bison play and hang with other alumni. This game is much more about developing alumni in the Twin Cities area as it is playing a football game.
    Adjusted it for you!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Thanks everyone for all the info.

Staying at Emery Minneapolis. Looks pretty nice and very reasonable for downtown.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    If you don’t want to pay for downtown prices, then you could stay near the Mall of America for a bit cheaper and plan to take the blue line. For about $4 you can easily ride downtown both ways. It goes right to Target field and is easy to hop on and hop off of. There is free tran parking by the Mall of Anerica.
    This... There is also free parking up at that spot just north of the airport if you don't want to deal with the MOA madness.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    This... There is also free parking up at that spot just north of the airport if you don't want to deal with the MOA madness.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Fort snelling.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

We stayed at the Depot for the goof games. Pretty nice plus the restaurant at that time was pretty good as well. What I found interesting about the place was it was the old train station that we had to stop at going from Fargo to LaCrosse when I was at NDSU.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."