Page 43 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    You have a fan base that drops 15 million to go to frisco. 5 million to go to Iowa city. Assumes 1000 per person per game. This is money NDSU is not capturing. A game at NDSU grosses 800k.

This is the opportunity cost lost by the program. NDSU fans have had money to spend. NDSU does not capture it. Frisco Iowa city. Capture that discretionary income
    It's money that will go to the city of Minneapolis.. Keep it local. That 1000 per person will be spent on Minneapolis hotels, The Minnesota Twins vendors, The Minneapolis bars, gas stations, etc. Fargo and NDSU could use the money.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I am confused...is this a DII idea or a FBS idea?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I am confused...is this a DII idea or a FBS idea?
    Best post of the thread.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    You have a fan base that drops 15 million to go to frisco. 5 million to go to Iowa city. Assumes 1000 per person per game. This is money NDSU is not capturing. A game at NDSU grosses 800k.

This is the opportunity cost lost by the program. NDSU fans have had money to spend. NDSU does not capture it. Frisco Iowa city. Capture that discretionary income
    They have already said that the opponent might not be that good. Couple that with the game being in a baseball stadium and you try to compare it to the National Championship game and playing a Big Ten team that was #13 in the nation? Those are huge events and not in the same universe.. This really isnt that big of a deal. IMO

Youre also betting on the come and Target isnt doing this for free. The only reason they are doing it because they will get a huge percentage. They wont lose money. NDSU?

You can go to the cities any time. But you would rather have the cities capture that discretionary spending money instead of Fargo?

The opponent will be the deal breaker.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 09-27-2016 at 04:38 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They have already said that the opponent might not be that good. Couple that with the game being in a baseball stadium and you try to compare it to the National Championship game and playing a Big Ten team that was #13 in the nation? Those are huge events and not in the same universe..

Youre also betting on the come and Target isnt doing this for free. The only reason they are doing it because they will get a huge percentage. They wont lose money. NDSU?

You can go to the cities any time. This really isnt that big of a deal. IMO

The opponent will be the deal breaker.

I just keep thinking that this is all Dave StPeter's attempt to "cash in" on the BISON success. And I hear him chuckling all the way to the bank.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    I just keep thinking that this is all Dave StPeter's attempt to "cash in" on the BISON success. And I hear him chuckling all the way to the bank.

Ive been think this for some time now since somebody mentioned that to me in conversation.

They may also need somebody to underwrite this game.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's money that will go to the city of Minneapolis.. Keep it local. That 1000 per person will be spent on Minneapolis hotels, The Minnesota Twins vendors, The Minneapolis bars, gas stations, etc. Fargo and NDSU could use the money.
    Fargo and NDSU does not capture this money anyways. Just about everyone that comes to a normal Saturday game in Fargo is within a tank of gas and no need for a hotel room. Haggies in Mapleton will miss our $30/person because we stop there for supper and drinks on the way home. Yes a game in Minny will cost me more but I will be there. Game in frisco I will be there. TM fees would not change because of a possible only 5 home games. Expand the brand and capture more of the regional market. If demand continues to grow the sooner a bigger stadium.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

any examples of business's closing up shop because Fargo hosted one less Bison game than scheduled?

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    any examples of business's closing up shop because Fargo hosted one less Bison game than scheduled?
    The Turf?..
    Looking good Billy Ray!

It seems to me that NDSU's long-term plan involves expanding into the Twin Cities media market. What better way to show media guys that NDSU is a valuable commodity than by selling out a game in MSP?

I don't understand the negativity at all.

One of the main reasons that NDSU got Gameday was that NDSU's fanbase caught ESPN's eyes multiple times. If this game happens, Bison Nation will step up, sell that mother out, take over downtown MSP, and generally make itself known. Not to mention that MSP is a huge recruiting area, not just for students, but also for alumni donations.