Page 76 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

If the name of the entire team is Butler are they all allow to bow without being flagged?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm am curious what they will do pregame. There really is no open area there for tailgating. In fact, the stadium sits in the spot that was the last big Vikings tailgating lot after they ruined Washington Ave. (I'm still bitter about that; tailgating in the Randy Moss era was epic.)

I'll say what I don't want: An indoor tailgate with a cash bar. I am pretty reasonable other than that.
    Cowboy Jacks is the only tailgate I need that weekend

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Or the coliseum in Oakland. Heck tons of NFL stadiums used to have the dirt infield as part of the field. I like the nostalgia factor it has.
    The Bears used to play at Wrigley before they moved to Solgers and the Queens played at the Met.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Yes, I believe they used to split their home games between Lambeau and County Stadium. Another unique feature about County Stadium was the teams had to share the same sideline.
    Correct......
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Playing in San Diego against a team like Navy would be pretty cool this time of year let alone playing Notre Dame. A guy could dream.
    In that series, Notre Dame plays their home games in South Bend. Navy plays their "home" games in the series at neutral sites. I went to Navy Notre Dame in Jacksonville 2 years ago...good game, great venue. Navy tries to maximize revenue (Navy Marine Corps Stadium only holds 38k I think) so the bigger venue means more revenue. They also try to play in Navy friendly towns or in recruiting hotbeds for them...so San Diego, like Jacksonville, was a no brainer...the ND fans (not the f'hawkers) will travel and Navy makes sure there are plenty of tickets for the game for anyone who wants them. Lots of enlisted personnel who have no tie to USNA other than they end up in the same service or under the command of a grad really like to go. I took 3 family members who were active duty or veterans...all enlisted, had the time of their lives.

Im perfectly fine with NDSU playing a game at TCF or anywhere in MSP, but damn Butler? That's the only thing holding me back right now from making plans just hard to give up Labor Day weekend for Butler, hopefully its a "trial" see how it goes then entice a bigger name to sign on and play an OOC game there in the future.

JMU vs NDSU??? Hell try get a FBS team there (I know never work)
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Im perfectly fine with NDSU playing a game at TCF or anywhere in MSP, but damn Butler? That's the only thing holding me back right now from making plans just hard to give up Labor Day weekend for Butler, hopefully its a "trial" see how it goes then entice a bigger name to sign on and play an OOC game there in the future.

JMU vs NDSU??? Hell try get a FBS team there (I know never work)

Nobody wants to play us. We have to play random teams like Butler OOC.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    Butler beat Youngstown
    So, there’s that...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    I know, that's why maybe it can be leverage to play on a neutral field, outdoors, in a major market. Some teams might bite
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I know, that's why maybe it can be leverage to play on a neutral field, outdoors, in a major market. Some teams might bite
    Not to mention you may be able to do a bigger guarantee than in Fargo, but note the Twins aren't doing this for charity......