Page 157 of 158 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1572

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    And a big thumbs up to the people of Minneapolis. There wasnt one place I went that the employees were super friendly and went out of there way to help you.
    Brothers, right across the street from the Loon Cafe- my wife and I, as well as the Bison family next to us were perplexed at the poor service and absence of hospitality. we both ended up leaving after 1 drink . We received excellent service and hospitality at Last Call Bar and Grill- as well as the Loon Cafe! Overall excellent experience
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Brothers, right across the street from the Loon Cafe- my wife and I, as well as the Bison family next to us were perplexed at the poor service and absence of hospitality. we both ended up leaving after 1 drink . We received excellent service and hospitality at Last Call Bar and Grill- as well as the Loon Cafe! Overall excellent experience
    Nationwide, Brother's is a frat bar that doesn't cater to anyone but their regular crowd.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We were at brothers for a while and it was alright till the Whiteclaw started getting popped open and went down the street and sat on the patio at one of the Irish pubs. Name escapes me.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Had a blast at Lyon's Pub watching the Husker game. Bartender was super friendly and didn't let people have an empty drink in front of them. Timing couldn't have been better from the end of the Husker game to allow for the walk to TF, get a beer and sit down with a couple minutes to spare for The walkout and anthem. Great weekend, one time experience IMO.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    You would need to get about 8,000 - 9,000 ppl to buy 3 beers at $8 a piece. Bit more reasonable than your last post on this but still think that's pretty optimistic. Maybe $50k over a full year.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    I think that estimate is reasonable but it was mentioned in another offseason thread that beer sales at sporting venues are generally used as a way to get more fans in the door just as much or moreso than as a moneymaker on its own. The Fargodome/NDSU doesn't have to worry about that right now since the demand more than exceeds what they can hold. If they start failing to sell out the Fargodome regularly I think that beer sales can be their "ace in the hole" to build that demand back up. Maybe it will never even come to that until they're in a new/larger venue and who knows when that will be.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think that estimate is reasonable but it was mentioned in another offseason thread that beer sales at sporting venues are generally used as a way to get more fans in the door just as much or moreso than as a moneymaker on its own. The Fargodome/NDSU doesn't have to worry about that right now since the demand more than exceeds what they can hold. If they start failing to sell out the Fargodome regularly I think that beer sales can be their "ace in the hole" to build that demand back up. Maybe it will never even come to that until they're in a new/larger venue and who knows when that will be.
    I think it would keep people in the building during some lopsided games. Not all but more would stay imo

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    I think it would keep people in the building during some lopsided games. Not all but more would stay imo
    Let's see, $8 beer in the dome or $1 in my tailgate. Easy decision, at least for me. Plus the food is better outside.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Let's see, $8 beer in the dome or $1 in my tailgate. Easy decision, at least for me. Plus the food is better outside.
    That may well be but it’s all over once the game starts.
    Don't believe everything you think.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    That may well be but it’s all over once the game starts.
    Are you sure about that? My windows are tinted.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Are you sure about that? My windows are tinted.
    What’s your site again please?
    Don't believe everything you think.