Page 137 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1572

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Hopefully this does so well we can move the 2021 UND game down there.
    This. 10 char.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    In our eight (sorry, seven) trips to Frisco how many of the opponents have stepped up for 10,000 tickets? For a Natty.
    If they had the ticket availability I'd say Sam Houston (but that's mainly due to proximity to Frisco), Jacksonville St, and James Madison.

That's also with only 3 weeks of lead time. Give a team with a solid FCS following a whole offseason to secure travel arrangements with ample ticket availability and I think you'd have a good handful of schools that would bring 5,000+. So I don't think US Bank Stadium would be completely outlandish either. If we can sell 35k tickets for a game vs Butler at Target Field I think we could sell 40-45k for Montana/JMU/Jacksonville St at US Bank Stadium and get another 5-10k opposing fans there also with a whole offseason to plan it. With that potential number of tickets sold you could afford an FBS level guarantee to those schools that would make them think seriously about this kind of "neutral site" game.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    50+ miles from Sioux Falls?
    35+ dollars for tickets???

Count the bunny fans out.
    Haha, it’s so sad that this is pretty true for them.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    From https://twitter.com/NDSUathletics/st...01895484628992

Pretty safe to assume that the concert will be inside the stadium somewhere but I'm not sure where. Here's the GoBison.com article from when it was announced but that doesn't give any other details: https://gobison.com/news/2019/6/3/fo...mR43Sk.twitter
    Biggest selfie in FCS? so obviously the person who came up with a different pattern fans created by wearing certain color shirts for EVERY home game 3-4 years ago still has a job.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How do the HBCU fanbases travel? Would be fun to get their National Champion in on this.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Biggest selfie in FCS? so obviously the person who came up with a different pattern fans created by wearing certain color shirts for EVERY home game 3-4 years ago still has a job.
    You mean you didn't see this???

DISCLAIMER: THIS ISN'T REAL (IN CASE YOU COULDN'T TELL FROM MY AWESOME MSPAINT SKILLS).

Anyone else have the feeling that this is specifically a test for a future UND game at US bank?

Certainly this could be for future OOC games, no doubt, however I have a feeling that the games they have circled on future schedules are UND games... Depending on how much money we make, this could mean replacing a home game against UND, or replacing games at the Alerus. Unless they're testing for future FBS games (which would be cool, but extraordinarily unlikely) I think they're trying to pimp future games against the whioux.

I could be very very wrong on this, but only time will tell
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    How do the HBCU fanbases travel? Would be fun to get their National Champion in on this.
    on the Hero sports podcast, BMac said that all HBCU schools easily attract 100k+ every game and have the most insane fan bases and are the benchmark for the highest level of football, including the NFL.

Dont think there is a stadium in existence that could hold one of their fan bases , much less any fans from NDSU. It would be the toughest ticket in the history of events, just ask Bmac
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Default NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    How many of those teams have been trash with a shitty following? Plus it’s hard for those teams to get 10,000 fans there when NDSU has 20,000. It would take a few select teams to do so. I’m not saying NDSU vs Sam Houston or Eastern Washington. Montana could probably do it. JMU probably could. SDSU could if their fans would get the F off of their asses.
    We’ll get a chance to see how the bunnies can do on August 29th when they take on the Gophers at TCF Bank stadium. I am short 10,000.

Oh yeah, tickets are readily available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If they had the ticket availability I'd say Sam Houston (but that's mainly due to proximity to Frisco), Jacksonville St, and James Madison.

That's also with only 3 weeks of lead time. Give a team with a solid FCS following a whole offseason to secure travel arrangements with ample ticket availability and I think you'd have a good handful of schools that would bring 5,000+. So I don't think US Bank Stadium would be completely outlandish either. If we can sell 35k tickets for a game vs Butler at Target Field I think we could sell 40-45k for Montana/JMU/Jacksonville St at US Bank Stadium and get another 5-10k opposing fans there also with a whole offseason to plan it. With that potential number of tickets sold you could afford an FBS level guarantee to those schools that would make them think seriously about this kind of "neutral site" game.
    You could sell me on JMU but that is the only one. JSU only managed to fill two sections in Frisco and I’m guessing that their fan base while somewhat rabid is limited to mostly alums and denizens of the local area rather than a statewide base due to, well, those other schools in the state. I don’t know about Montana. Do you think their state residents think Minneapolis is cool? Are there enough of them who would think watching a college game played in a billion dollar edifice is a worthwhile experience? Maybe so but I just don’t know. Based on attendance numbers I have seen for playoff games though the last few years I think getting 10k of any other fan base is a real stretch.

Personally I would not find a Bison game in USBank stadium more appealing than at Target Field and especially not in the middle of our all too short summer. But I am an odd duck for sure. USBank does not impress me as much as it irritates me as a MN taxpayer so I am quite biased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.