Page 69 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    50k in Minneapolis? I'm in favor if the game too, but calm down a bit there.

According to the alumni center website in the 6 counties around the cities we have about 11k alumni compared to 14k in Cass and there are only 85k worldwide.
    85k alumni worldwide? Seem hard to believe since our enrollment hasn't been below 10k since 1999. Is an alumni someone who graduated or does it count people like Lakes?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    85k alumni worldwide? Seem hard to believe since our enrollment hasn't been below 10k since 1999. Is an alumni someone who graduated or does it count people like Lakes?
    I believe to be considered an alum, you would have to graduate first. Nice to see that the alumni population has grown 5,000 since I last checked a few years ago.

With that said, alumni is only a part of the fanbase. There's a lot fans that never go to NDSU.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Pretty sure you must graduate to count as an alumnus. 10K enrollment means each class was in the neighborhood of 2500 max (probably less, as many take >4 years). Multiply that by 17 years, plus a factor for increasing enrollment and you might reach somewhere in the neighborhood of 50K since 1999. Take another 1500/year between 1979 and 1999 and you've got another 30K. After that, everybody is dying off anyway, right? (I keed, I keed!) But all in, 85K seems about right.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Pretty sure you must graduate to count as an alumnus. 10K enrollment means each class was in the neighborhood of 2500 max (probably less, as many take >4 years). Multiply that by 17 years, plus a factor for increasing enrollment and you might reach somewhere in the neighborhood of 50K since 1999. Take another 1500/year between 1979 and 1999 and you've got another 30K. After that, everybody is dying off anyway, right? (I keed, I keed!) But all in, 85K seems about right.
    Plus you got a ton of people who didn't graduate for whatever reason or transferred.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Plus you got a ton of PERSON who didn't graduate for whatever reason or transferred.

Plus you got a ton of people who didn't graduate for whatever reason or transferred.
    Right. There's a significant number who aren't counted in the 85K alumni, but who are potential "customers" for a game. Family, friends, fellow North Dakotans, transfers, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than 40-50K NDSU fans of at least "casual" status in the cities area.

My best friend transferred to MSUM after two years and is still a big Bison football fan and would go to a game at Target Field.
    It's OK to not be OK.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

https://gobison.com/news/2018/10/22/...y-pioneer.aspx

Looks like tickets go on sale Nov 6. Only available through the Twins organization?

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post

Looks like tickets go on sale Nov 6. Only available through the Twins organization?
    Interesting season ticket holders won't get priority, wonder what the tailgate policy set up will be.

Sure wish this was against a better opponent, not sure I want to waste labor day weekend for a total ass kicking
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post

https://www.mlb.com/twins/tickets/ev...utler-football

This link says the 8th ...