Page 64 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    OMG! The tailgaiting!

That tears it. I'm out. #neverTargetField
    But now that I think about it... Target Field doesn't have a place to tailgate. Would probably need to pay for shuttle busses or something. Maybe rent the fairgrounds like the Gopher game

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Who says that you'd have to get a hotel to come to a game in Minneapolis from Fargo anyway? I normally only stay overnight for homecoming and the semi-final game, but this year it was the opener instead of homecoming because of the night game. The rest of the games I leave here around 8:30, get a couple hours of tailgating in, go to the game, drive home, and am home by 9 or 10. It can make for a long day, but it's not easily doable.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    OMG! The tailgaiting!

That tears it. I'm out. #neverTargetField
    Ha, Ha! You were the one that said you assumed the Target game tickets would be in the season ticket package (so that you could defend your prior statement of nobody "losing" anything). To have Target Field tickets in the season ticket package would have to mean that it is a defacto home game (there have never been any AWAY games in a season ticket package, so by common logic it must be a home game).

So by extension, if it's a home game in the season ticket package, then it's a home tailgate!

But, yeah, let's focus on the tailgating part of it so that we don't have to further explain how "nobody's losing anything" with a Target Field game.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    6-10 million for Alabama is chump change. Sad but true. TV money allows you to to do that. They can afford to break even or even take a small loss. We can't. Their TV money is probably more than our whole athletic budget
    Proportionally one home game $8 million gate is probably the same ration as NDSU at $800k gate as a ratio to overall budget.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Who says that you'd have to get a hotel to come to a game in Minneapolis from Fargo anyway? I normally only stay overnight for homecoming and the semi-final game, but this year it was the opener instead of homecoming because of the night game. The rest of the games I leave here around 8:30, get a couple hours of tailgating in, go to the game, drive home, and am home by 9 or 10. It can make for a long day, but it's not easily doable.
    Most Bison fans tailgate for 5-6 hours before the game and and hour after. It's just tradition.

So for most of it it's 7 hours driving, 6-7 hours tailgating, 3 1/2 hours for the game. Plus tailgating will have to be off site like it was for TCF so it'll be an hour for busses and another hour escaping traffic. That's a long ass day

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Most Bison fans tailgate for 5-6 hours before the game and and hour after. It's just tradition.

So for most of it it's 7 hours driving, 6-7 hours tailgating, 3 1/2 hours for the game. Plus tailgating will have to be off site like it was for TCF so it'll be an hour for busses and another hour escaping traffic. That's a long ass day
    I know this, that actually looks a lot like my gameday most of the time. I get in as much tailgating as possible and would be there the full 5 1/2 hours before instead of only 2-3 if I lived in Fargo instead of the cities, but tailgating is not a requirement in order to see a Bison game. We'll most likely see firsthand for the next two (hopefully four and filling up again for the SF game) games as the lot empties out but we still have sellouts.

I don't think "most" are tailgating for an hour after the game in Fargo either. I know none from our group do, and from the rush to get out of the lots it definitely appears that at least the GA and "new" reserved lot get out fairly quick after the games. I was actually under the impression that any tailgating after the game was still against the policy until right now when I looked it up to double check.

Plus, like you've already said, tailgating in downtown nowadays is going to require some outside the box thinking. If this were to happen, I think it would function a little like the big dance. The alumni center will have a big party somewhere within walking distance for a few hours on gameday and that or Huberts, Kierans, Cowboy Jacks, Brothers, etc. would function as the tailgating.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Perhaps they will do this in a 12 game season? 6 home/6 away? Just a thought
    Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Adults are talking, please keep the nonsense to yourself.

Seriously, this would make the option better...like I said before...sure willing to see what is offered before I judge.
    I keep waiting for StL's comeback of "Loaf is an adult?! I didn't get the memo!"

And for TAB's response to be " I wasn't talking about Loaf."

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Proportionally one home game $8 million gate is probably the same ration as NDSU at $800k gate as a ratio to overall budget.
    Sec schools are self funded and don't even get state money. Last year Alabama had 16 million more in revenue than expenses. Our entire athletic budget was 21 million

I know this, that actually looks a lot like my gameday most of the time. I get in as much tailgating as possible and would be there the full 5 1/2 hours before instead of only 2-3 if I lived in Fargo instead of the cities, but tailgating is not a requirement in order to see a Bison game. We'll most likely see firsthand for the next two (hopefully four and filling up again for the SF game) games as the lot empties out but we still have sellouts.

I don't think "most" are tailgating for an hour after the game in Fargo either. I know none from our group do, and from the rush to get out of the lots it definitely appears that at least the GA and "new" reserved lot get out fairly quick after the games. I was actually under the impression that any tailgating after the game was still against the policy until right now when I looked it up to double check.

Plus, like you've already said, tailgating in downtown nowadays is going to require some outside the box thinking. If this were to happen, I think it would function a little like the big dance. The alumni center will have a big party somewhere within walking distance for a few hours on gameday and that or Huberts, Kierans, Cowboy Jacks, Brothers, etc. would function as the tailgating.
    Hell, they could rent out the Minneapolis Convention Center...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

It's easy to dismiss the importance of tailgating for a full 5-1/2 hours when you don't have a tailgating vehicle that you've spent big bucks on, pay for reserved spots that cost $125 each (x6), and have to plan for food and drinks for 40 people who I typically only see 6 times per year. Putting together a big tailgate is part of the experience.

And by the looks of the tailgating lot... I'm not the only one.

I didn't spend this much time and money to bar hop in shitty downtown Minneapolis.