Page 55 of 158 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they laid sod over the infield, looks like they did that for that soccer setup. They usually tear up and replace a lot of sod in the outfield when they hold concerts at Target Field so guessing it wouldn't be a huge deal to lay sod on the infield. Still not a huge fan of playing football in a baseball stadium no matter how good the field is
    Sod over dirt would be just like Frisco vs Towson

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Yep, so glad we didn't get involved in that bullshit.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yep, so glad we didn't get involved in that bullshit.
    What makes you think they still arent working on this fiasco?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    What makes you think they still arent working on this fiasco?
    I really doubt they would try two games in a season. Granted, there's not a lot of October baseball in Minnesota at that time but I doubt they would overwork the field in that manner.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really doubt they would try two games in a season. Granted, there's not a lot of October baseball in Minnesota at that time but I doubt they would overwork the field in that manner.
    I thought they are looking at a different year? If not Im really good with that.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It was never for next year for NDSU. It think this fiasco is full speed ahead unless I missed something. I'll say it again; only way this makes any sense for NDSU is if it is an away game for them, and the Twins partner with another school to make it happen.

They shouldn't have any problem with the turf after a football game. A MLS soccer team has Yankee Stadium as there home stadium and the Yankees haven't used the field conditions as an excuse for their poor performance the past two seasons. Granted a single soccer game isn't going to tear up the turf as much as football but it's several games during the baseball season with quick turn arounds.

Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Don't click the link... here's all you need to know. I'll post 2 quotes by Matt Larson. Everything else is filler.

"We're still talking to them about it," he said. "I think some of the challenges that existed a couple of weeks ago are still there. It's still open for discussion but nothing has been finalized yet."

"It's probably still going to be a couple of years out," Larsen said. "I know (St. John's and St. Thomas) is next year and a lot of that has to do with dates that potentially could work for us are dates that didn't work for them. They have some restrictions, we have some restrictions. We're pretty far along with some of the years in scheduling—we're looking at some of the out-years possibly."

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So after we see how the D3 teams do it, get 30,000 for the game, mint coin, see it a great event. We will all jump on the bandwagon.

This is a huge, huge, opportunity and I hope it is explored.