Page 36 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    So we could generate less revenue or remain flat with rising expenses. That sounds dumber than buying non alcoholic everclear.
    what they make NA EC?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    what they make NA EC?
    It's for the great taste

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Spendy Did you say spendy......what part of TAKE and HAVE is unclear....LOL! If I was a wagering man, i would bet that you will be right there watching as will I. The first round is on me. Just note, I cant drink too much, I gotta walk gabe home after the game.(that is still funny)
    I will tell you my parameters. If its the first game of the season and its a good opponent, and they give me comparable seats I will probably be there. If its a crappy team and shitty seats I will be watching from home. I have a few other ifs and maybes but I wont bore you with them.

I will be a cheap date as I dont drink anymore. But if you want to go to dinner I will get in your pocket.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I will tell you my parameters. If its the first game of the season and its a good opponent, and they give me comparable seats I will probably be there. If its a crappy team and shitty seats I will be watching from home. I have a few other ifs and maybes but I wont bore you with them.

I will be a cheap date as I dont drink anymore. But if you want to go to dinner I will get in your pocket.
    word on the street is your a mean cook....I should be looking you up for the BBQ

It's for the great taste
    bad memories bad bad memories

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The only way to do this is in a 12 game year, that way we can do 6 home, 5 road, and one neutral. Obviously an FBS game P5 game would be tops but that's not happening so best case scenario would be a game against CMU, WMU, or NIU out of the MAC. Second best would be UNI or maybe Montana State or somebody like Liberty. Lastly, I wonder if a game against Wyoming couldn't be put together. Bohls staff recruits MN and WI big time and a curb stomping type win against NDSU might be worth the risk for the recruiting cache. It's not like he has much to lose at this point.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Teammakers could get donations and we could have zero games. It's just a shitty thing to do. Teammakers is the backbone of athletics. And then won't cut the amount because we need money.

It's pretty expensive to convert the field. (cuts into profits)

Check this out..
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ll-to-football

"Typically, it's a couple-of-days process."

Get this: It costs $250,000 every time O.co Coliseum makes the transfer from baseball to football (and vice versa). The process takes 18 to 20 hours, not counting safety inspections.

Let's say it's half the cost, or even a quarter and we do the shirty painted dirt setup. It's still expensive. Do teams want to risk their players to injury or give us sightlines so far away that you need binoculars in the front row of the 50?

Parking revenue will be nothing because tailgating will have to be off site. You can't tailgate in a parking ramp. Also they will have to pay for shuttle busses or rent a apkt unless they want to kill the #1 Bison tradition... Tailgating

This whole idea is just stupid.
    Isn't it about growing the brand? This is the perfect way to grow the brand. NDSU obviously owns ND and Western Minnesota, like any business it needs to grow to survive. Where is the next "best" market for NDSU and the football program? Twin Cities. Obviously, the program recruits well, but the next question is how well does NDSU capture the alumni dollars from alumni that live there? This to me is probably the larger goal of playing a game in the cities.

Living in Fargo you can see what NDSU does to capture the local market and obtain funding from the local alumni and business. As an alumni living outside of the Fargo market, you make not be prone to support NDSU as there are options to take your money. In the cities, you are competing against, the U, pro sports, high schools, arts, more charities. Living in the Cities, that is what you are inundated with. Whereas in Fargo, you hear, see, breathe, NDSU.

With that being said a game played in the cities brings the bison to the forefront of the TC alumni. This is a potential NDSU growth center for the althetic department, but development and academic aspects of the university as well.

I will expand on each.

Athletic Department- A game like this is a money maker for the athletic if they are the promoter of game. Herd notes the potential cost of a field transition. Yes there are different and unique costs that aren't experienced with a Fargodome Game Day. But what is being missed is the potential revenue of a TC game. If 40k tickets can be sold at $60/per, that is $2.4 million gross revenue. That is considerably higher than a game at the Fargodome. Even at 30k tickets sold, 1.8 million gross. The program is still money ahead of a game at the fargodome. Sponsorship. This is the hidden gem, ND companies will jump on the opportunity to sponsor this game. Because they like NDSU will want to capture the TC NDSU connection. Recruiting. How cool would it to be to show NDSU recruits from the TC area the bison brand in the TC.

Development. Hopefully the Development Foundation and Teammakers are out in force asking for money. Again, what an opportunity to get together with donors. Many times they can't or don't come to Fargo. Now you have come to them.

Academics- Growing the student base at NDSU is a competition not unlike competing for fundraising dollars. What a High School Student Recruiting tool. Hopefully the university knows which high schools kids are coming from currently. Give tickets to the game to all the seniors from targeted high schools to learn about NDSU and programs it has to offer. Target field can be set up with high school recruiting of students to attend NDSU.

A fourth one. Business Recruiting. Local business sponsor the game and are able to recruit at the game. White Drug for example sponsors, gets access to recruit pharmasists back to NDSU and western Minnesota.

The list can go on and on. If NDSU wants to be the regional or national brand that many think it is, you have to go out on a limb and try something new and unique for the program ( this type of game is not new or unique nationally).

This type of approach will grow the brand. Go Bison!!!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Numerous times ,so yes I do have that experience to make that call. So I just dont understand the excitement to see the Bison play at that venue. Whats the appeal? Your wildest dreams? Really? I dont get it.
    But I do understand that our preferences differ. Your preference is to just be in the building. Mine are way different when traveling. Plus it looks like we may lose a home game so other considerations come in to play as well. Another difference is I dont look at it as just another game in the Fargo Dome.
    Ok, I'll yield, since we can agree to disagree and have some obvious differences/preferences. I'm excited about it, and nothing you or anyone else says about it is going to change that. I've already said why I'm excited, you've said why you're not, enough said. I'll be sure to say hi when I see you at Target Field when this game happens.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

word on the street is your a mean cook....I should be looking you up for the BBQ
    1/2 pound bratwurst imported from Iowa will be served this weekend. Stop by early as they will go fast!!!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

1/2 pound bratwurst imported from Iowa will be served this weekend. Stop by early as they will go fast!!!!!!!
    I will try...these early season games are tough, as I have Kiddy FB on Saturdays.