Page 44 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    The Turf?..
    savage....

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It seems to me that NDSU's long-term plan involves expanding into the Twin Cities media market. What better way to show media guys that NDSU is a valuable commodity than by selling out a game in MSP?

I don't understand the negativity at all.

One of the main reasons that NDSU got Gameday was that NDSU's fanbase caught ESPN's eyes multiple times. If this game happens, Bison Nation will step up, sell that mother out, take over downtown MSP, and generally make itself known. Not to mention that MSP is a huge recruiting area, not just for students, but also for alumni donations.
    Exactly.....and that's a great long term strategy.

NDSU will get $500k for target field game via tickets sold, suites, champion club seats.

Target Field will make $200k- $250k on concessions, twins ticket package sold, twins aparan on a day that theyd normally make $0. Win win for both. Season tickets hold ərsəyə will get 1st shot at tickets. its a done deal now shut up and enjoy it.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

It seems to me that NDSU's long-term plan involves expanding into the Twin Cities media market. What better way to show media guys that NDSU is a valuable commodity than by selling out a game in MSP?

One of the main reasons that NDSU got Gameday was that NDSU's fanbase caught ESPN's eyes multiple times. If this game happens, Bison Nation will step up, sell that mother out, take over downtown MSP, and generally make itself known. Not to mention that MSP is a huge recruiting area, not just for students, but also for alumni donations.
    This....great post Tony. Such an opportunity for us to continue to promote and expand the branch that is NDSU. No question this is a very strategic move on Matt Larson's part. Having talked to multiple twin cities alumni about this there is already a high level of excitement about this opportunity even without the certainty of it happening. Saying this is a bad thing for NDSU is comical to me....

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Your not actually comparing fans who travel from sub zero Fargo to Frisco Texas for the National Championship in January to fans who will drive to watch us beat Austin Peay in Minnesota.

The USD game in Sioux Falls drew 9269 And at least a quarter of those fans were USD fans... And the stadium wasn't sold out. Fans knew it would be a boring blowout so we had a whopping 6k fans, if that, drive 3 hours to Sioux Falls.

I think Matt Larson is totally over estimating our fan base. They travel for good games. Key word good games.
    Good games, good point

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Money post.

There's been a lot of the same arguments made over and over again on this on both sides. It really boils down to what type of deal NDSU gets from Target Field and whether they can sell it out (or get close). As much as folks on both sides want to pretend that they know the answers to those questions none of us really do. Larsen is paid to make sure those answers are the right ones for NDSU if he pulls the trigger on this so I trust (or hope???) that he knows what he's doing.

I read SD's post two pages ago about us being stuck with 19k for a long time, and it got me to thinking. Crazy idea here, but what if ML would use the attendance numbers as proof we need a bigger stadium...a chess move if you will. Is that part of the plan, or is it just to get more exposure in the cities? Am I giving them too much credit? I think ML is a sharp guy...if they have any plans to ever try to replace the Fargodome, this would be a good first move. I'm probably grasping at straws, though...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I read SD's post two pages ago about us being stuck with 19k for a long time, and it got me to thinking. Crazy idea here, but what if ML would use the attendance numbers as proof we need a bigger stadium...a chess move if you will. Is that part of the plan, or is it just to get more exposure in the cities? Am I giving them too much credit? I think ML is a sharp guy...if they have any plans to ever try to replace the Fargodome, this would be a good first move. I'm probably grasping at straws, though...
    Interesting scenario.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Tony and TAB, quite making good posts that make us think and not personally attack each other. Knock it off. [/purple]
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 09-27-2016 at 03:00 PM.