Page 26 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

I'm not a big fan of an FCS game in the cities. I think most on here are vastly overestimating the amount of people who would travel/attend this game, especially if the opponent is a cupcake. Most on hear think this would be a great idea, more power to them. I hope they go and have a great time. I know I wouldn't go, but more importantly, I fear this whole thing could turn out to be a flop. Half empty stadium with no atmosphere.

What I really don't like about the idea is that I am a traditionalist. I feel college football should be played on college campuses on Saturday's in front of packed stadiums with a full student section, cheerleaders, band, .......the works. I know that having a game at a neutral site stadium is all the rage right now, but I feel any game held off campus kills the atmosphere. You will lose most of the student section, and IMO a college football game is not a college football game without the students. Currently, I am watching BYU/UWV at FedEx field with a Washington Redskins logo on center field. What I see are a lot of empty seats and a somewhat interested audience. That doesn't look like big time exciting college football to me.

Bot, you'd be surprised how many fans in Frisco aren't from Fargo. People fly/drive in from all over
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

The target field thing is the reason a lot of people would go.

Yes, it is a gimmick, but a lot of people like to do different things, just to experience it. Site lines would be weird, but I think it would be fun. Tailgating would be hard, but I'd rather check out some MSP bars anyway. We can tailgate anytime. I have multiple advanced degrees in tailgating so one more game doesn't mean squat.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    There is zero upside for us playing a game in the Twin Cities.
    Preposterous statement worthy.

I don't get it. Have not read much of this thread. Why play at a baseball field? If an open date can't goofs let us pay them for use of their field? Better than playing at a baseball stadium even if need to pay tens of thousands more for rent. I say no game if at Twinkies field.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Bot, you'd be surprised how many fans in Frisco aren't from Fargo. People fly/drive in from all over
    I've been to everyone. It has to do with the warmer weather and the fact it's the National Championship.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCountry View Post
    And you don't think the number of NDSU Alum/Fans that live in the Minneapolis Metro dwarf the numbers in Sioux Falls? Poor comparison. Also that game was a USD home game and they held it there to boost their athletics not us. I don't really care that much one way of the other, but if the Target Field game happens there will be 25K+ NDSU fans there.
    I agree on the numbers of alumni in the Twin Cities. Those are real numbers. I just think its insulting to fans of the team that they will show up in masses to see a horrible game, just because it's NDSU and in Minneapolis. It is kind of arrogant thinking by NDSU

The Gophers game in 2007 had 20k fans (I dispute the mythical 30k number. I was there) to watch the Gophers... But that was the Gophers. Not some crappy FCS team nobody knows who they are. Obviously we are way bigger than we were in 2007, but I would be shocked to see more than 20k fans if it's against a crap team.

Bringing 20k fans to a 40k seat baseball stadium isn't that impressive to an outsider. It would be OK. But I think it would be less

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

If pl & cas are against it. Im all for it.

Ndsu is a regional.college 50% minnesota and most of them twin cities kids.

Grow up itll be on fsn north & itll be awesome
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I agree on the numbers of alumni in the Twin Cities. Those are real numbers. I just think its insulting to fans of the team that they will show up in masses to see a horrible game, just because it's NDSU and in Minneapolis. It is kind of arrogant thinking by NDSU

The Gophers game in 2007 had 20k fans (I dispute the mythical 30k number. I was there) to watch the Gophers... But that was the Gophers. Not some crappy FCS team nobody knows who they are. Obviously we are way bigger than we were in 2007, but I would be shocked to see more than 20k fans if it's against a crap team.

Bringing 20k fans to a 40k seat baseball stadium isn't that impressive to an outsider. It would be OK. But I think it would be less
    Thats what I was thinking as well. Did we just agree on something again?
    If its a good opponent the game sells itself. If not they have to come up with stuff to sell it. Especially in a BB stadium.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I don't get it. Have not read much of this thread. Why play at a baseball field? If an open date can't goofs let us pay them for use of their field? Better than playing at a baseball stadium even if need to pay tens of thousands more for rent. I say no game if at Twinkies field.
    While I agree that playing at Target Field was a little head scratching while knowing that US Bank Stadium is there also, there could be a few reasons for this:

1. Cost of using Target Field vs. US Banks Staduim
    2. Number of desired fans (sellout of approx. 40k or a 65k stadium only 2/3 full)
    3. Available dates of venues
    4. Number of potential future games at each venue