Page 112 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1572

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It doesn't need to be a sellout to be a success. I'd say if we could 35-40k to Target Field for a game against Butler it's a pretty good bet we'd get more to US Bank stadium for a game against JMU/Montana on top of those schools bringing a good chunk of fans as well.
    A few years ago James Madison played a neutral site game against Virginia Tech at Fed Ex Field in Landover, Maryland (home of the Washington Redskins).

Evidently that game occurred because a very wealthy JMU booster helped to guarantee a healthy payout to both JMU and VA Tech.

With NDSU still looking for a FBS game in 2021 and 2023, a neutral site "home and home" with JMU would be fun - one in Minneapolis and one at Landover.

As a note, per fbschedules.com, JMU does not have a FBS game scheduled in 2021 and 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    NDSU and SDSU could come close to filling US Bank, I think.
    I agree...except for the SDSU part. SDSU has a hard enough time filling their own stadium. Seriously...they wouldn't travel well. Not trying to be a dick...but SDSU just doesn't travel. Just think if EWU and SDSU had met in Frisco. There might have only be 6-7k in the stands.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    A few years ago James Madison played a neutral site game against Virginia Tech at Fed Ex Field in Landover, Maryland (home of the Washington Redskins).

Evidently that game occurred because a very wealthy JMU booster helped to guarantee a healthy payout to both JMU and VA Tech.

With NDSU still looking for a FBS game in 2021 and 2023, a neutral site "home and home" with JMU would be fun - one in Minneapolis and one at Landover.

As a note, per fbschedules.com, JMU does not have a FBS game scheduled in 2021 and 2023.
    Agreed, I think that could be a big success if you could get those venues on board with it. That's why I think this "gimmick" at Target Field could be an opportunity for NDSU to show they can make their own FBS level payouts in the future if FBS schools are too chicken shit to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I agree...except for the SDSU part. SDSU has a hard enough time filling their own stadium. Seriously...they wouldn't travel well. Not trying to be a dick...but SDSU just doesn't travel. Just think if EWU and SDSU had met in Frisco. There might have only be 6-7k in the stands.
    I agree. The improved football results have not translated to much interest from their alumni and other potential fans in the Sioux Falls area. Southast South Dakota seems more interested in basketball.

But I'm sure Larsen Doors would buy up all the tickets anyway. That's better than selling the tickets to Bison fans.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    NDSU and SDSU could come close to filling US Bank, I think.
    Or NDSU vs. Clemson! (Not that they would ever give up a home game to an FCS team, even if we gave them 75% of the ticket revenue.)
    It's OK to not be OK.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Makes me want to throw up.

Meh...St. Penis knows UND wouldn't draw flies, so he chose wisely.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

You're not wrong. They have a good fan base...in South Dakota. None of them travel though. Even when we played them in Sioux Falls it seems like more than 1/2 of them couldn't bare the 45 min drive.