Page 135 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1572

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

yeah, if this was UND, SDSU, UNI, or any FBS program this would have sold out months ago. Standard MVFC filler team, would have been sold out last month. Only Butler would have this ho-hum of a response.

Still cant wait- this is gonna be a riot
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    yeah, if this was UND, SDSU, UNI, or any FBS program this would have sold out months ago. Standard MVFC filler team, would have been sold out last month. Only Butler would have this ho-hum of a response.

Still cant wait- this is gonna be a riot
    Upwards of 35k tickets sold is a ho-hum response???

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Lol only in NDSU terms, and only in compared to the other opponents on our schedule.

We're insane that we can draw 30k+ to play butler, 5 hours from home. Thats fricken insane
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Lol only in NDSU terms, and only in compared to the other opponents on our schedule.

We're insane that we can draw 30k+ to play butler, 5 hours from home. Thats fricken insane
    I understand where you're coming from that it would be better to have a higher quality opponent but for this first go around with this type of neutral site game I don't think the opponent matters a whole lot. I think it's the location and the novelty of the event itself that are more important for ticket sales than the opponent. If they try this again, especially at Target Field, I would guess they're going to need a better opponent to sell the same amount of tickets or more than they did for this one.

In the long-term it may be a shrewd business move to schedule a team like Butler for this first game. You open the eyes on the draw that the Bison have in the twin cities, since Butler will account for 1% or less of the tickets sold, so others *ahem* US BANK STADIUM *ahem* take notice and with someone like Butler you don't have to share much of "the pie" with the opponent. I'm pretty sure NDSU is getting a cut of the ticket sales and are going to be getting an FBS level pay-day out of this game from the Twins. Had they played this game at the Fargodome it would probably be the cheapest ticket on the schedule and they'd make the least amount of money of any home game on it.

In that case the next time you do it then you can justify the cost for a bigger name OOC opponent (I doubt they'd ever do this for a conference game since it would take away a home game from the Fargodome) which will draw in more people who are underwhelmed by Butler and, if the event itself is a success, the word of mouth between the fan base will have that Frisco/Gameday effect where #2 draws even better crowds than #1 did.

Based on the number of tickets sold I would guess something like this will happen again.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think it would be cool to do this consistently with a rotating three year schedule of SDSU, Off, UNI.

Schools would play home, away, "neutral".

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes it is. It would have been a hard sell out months ago with a decent program as an opponent. Hell, playing Grambling or Southern would have sold it out.

I understand where you're coming from that it would be better to have a higher quality opponent but for this first go around with this type of neutral site game I don't think the opponent matters a whole lot. I think it's the location and the novelty of the event itself that are more important for ticket sales than the opponent. If they try this again, especially at Target Field, I would guess they're going to need a better opponent to sell the same amount of tickets or more than they did for this one.

In the long-term it may be a shrewd business move to schedule a team like Butler for this first game. You open the eyes on the draw that the Bison have in the twin cities, since Butler will account for 1% or less of the tickets sold, so others *ahem* US BANK STADIUM *ahem* take notice and with someone like Butler you don't have to share much of "the pie" with the opponent. I'm pretty sure NDSU is getting a cut of the ticket sales and are going to be getting an FBS level pay-day out of this game from the Twins. Had they played this game at the Fargodome it would probably be the cheapest ticket on the schedule and they'd make the least amount of money of any home game on it.

In that case the next time you do it then you can justify the cost for a bigger name OOC opponent (I doubt they'd ever do this for a conference game since it would take away a home game from the Fargodome) which will draw in more people who are underwhelmed by Butler and, if the event itself is a success, the word of mouth between the fan base will have that Frisco/Gameday effect where #2 draws even better crowds than #1 did.

Based on the number of tickets sold I would guess something like this will happen again.
    100% agree. Cant argue with any of this
    3. It's time to go FBS

Flight booked - meeting college buddies.

Really an easy game for far-flung people to meet up at.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Yes it is. It would have been a hard sell out months ago with a decent program as an opponent. Hell, playing Grambling or Southern would have sold it out.
    Ok, so you sell 3-6k more cheap/obstructed view seats. I'm certainly not and I don't think anyone is arguing that having a higher quality opponent wouldn't be better but what I'm saying is that the way tickets have sold proves that it wasn't necessary (at least for this first time).

100% agree. Cant argue with any of this
    Yeah, he nailed it. I think Target field is the right venue as US Bank is just too big. They will need a high level opponent next time. Think JMU, Montana, Jacksonville St, or EWU.